Line management and personal development
- Coordinate the Computing Subject Area Tutors Team to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Support the Head of ESC Department is recruiting new teaching staff according to Study Group policies and procedures.
- Facilitate, encourage, and support direct reports to participate in regular personal development activities, including development activities in the Centre.
Academic and Operational Management
- Teach modules, courses, and sessions in agreement with the Head of ESC Department.
- Mark assessments, record and report on teaching and assessment activity, including ensuring data is submitted accurately and within deadlines.
- Liaise with the Head of ESC Department to plan and oversee the delivery of teaching and assessment. Ensure Computing Subject Area Tutors Team teaching the programmes, courses and sessions, are fully informed of the curriculum content, teaching schedules, assessment modes and deadlines; promote the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Produce and maintain a set of agreed documentation for each course and module including course outlines, module handbooks, schemes of work and teaching and assessment material, with support and input from Tutors. Review documentation regularly for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Contribute to the design of new courses and methods of delivery and assessment reflecting the evolving blended learning environment.
- Coordinate improvements and ensure maintenance of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and the Computing Subject Area related online platform in line with the Study Group strategic requirements.
Academic Standards, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Ensure that the design and delivery of all modules and courses are conducted with according to Study Group, the University of Huddersfield and relevant external quality frameworks, policies, procedures, and codes of practice.
- Plan, lead and participate in standardisation and moderation meetings
- Implement agreed actions from the Centre Action Plan relevant to the Computing Subject Area and related courses and ensure that Academic Tutors for Computing Subject Area contribute to the implementation of agreed actions.
- Support the Head of ESC Department in liaising with External Examiners for the subject area and provide information to External Examiners as required.
- Support the Head of ESC Department in working with colleagues to monitor and observe teaching and learning activity and supporting ESC Department Tutors with continuous improvement of teaching and learning practices.
- Ensure high levels of progression are achieved for students in line with the centre’s Pass First Time Strategy.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Successful teaching, learning and assessment experience at levels 3 and 4
- Current experience in the delivery of Computing Subject Area related modules
- Experience in teaching International Students
- Experience in planning and running complex education courses in the subject area
- Experience in coordinating a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets.
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues
- Ability to contribute to the design, development and evaluation of curriculum, resources, and assessment methods
- Committed to promoting excellence and continuous improvement in teaching and learning
- Committed to undertaking continuous professional development
- Enthusiasm and ambition for personal and centre development
- The vision, drive and enthusiasm to achieve targets
- Self-reliant, self -motivated and able to show initiative
- Sound administrative, I.T. and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality & Diversity.