Open Ended contract, 37.5 hours per week
EDINA is a business unit within the University of Edinburgh. We deliver education technology and services to over 120 universities and nearly 4000 schools in the UK and worldwide.
As a result of increasing demand and new developments, we are recruiting software developers to join our Operations team, to support innovative new projects and expansion of our education and commercial services.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for enthusiastic and talented engineers, preferably with a business or start up background, to work across EDINA. We have 3 openings (including this Software Engineer role) that will be pillars in the technologies and services being developed.
Responsible for developing and implementing high quality software solutions for our services for education and industry. You will work on our innovative computational notebook platform as well as many other projects/services.
Ideally, applicants will have experience of both Front and Back-end development as well as some DevOps.
Forward thinking and open to new technologies, these roles will appeal to innovative and creative problem solvers.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Software Development Experience in all phases of software development and methodologies e.g., unit testing, production code cleanliness, reproducibility, optimisation, and documentation
- Interest or experience in some of our domains: Computational Notebooks, IoT, digital preservation, open source software and open access
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies, continually improving processes and deployment models
- Excellent working knowledge of Python and Django web and rest frameworks
- Experience with our chosen technologies: git, tomcat, Angular, puppet, postgres, elasticsearch, gitlab, docker and centos