Job title: Software Engineer II (Backend)
Job description: Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100 + cities across 14+ countries and host over 30 million users. With our recent acquisition from Uber, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and invite you to do some of the most meaningful work of your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains to simplify and improve the lives of people.
You will design and build the backend systems that power the Careem engine, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
Our tech stack is Golang, Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
- Software architecture and design of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, business owners, and technical program managers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
- Document designs and review code
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- A deep familiarity with the AWS services (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Elastic Search, Dynamo)
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Golang, Java, C/C++, Python
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:59:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!