Job title: Snr. Protection Case Management Assistant (UNOPS) – LICA
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The Senior Protection Case Management (PCM) Assistant is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. S/he is a member of the Protection Section, but may be working under Registration, Refugee Status Determination, or the Resettlement units; and normally supervised on a rotational basis by the head of the functional units (Registration, RSD, Resettlement) where s/he provides support at any given time. Depending on the operational priorities, s/he is responsible for supporting activities relating to registration, resettlement, and refugee status determination; to ensure the implementation of the operational policies efficiently, and compliance to the comprehensive protection and solutions strategy applied.
The incumbent may provide day-to-day supervision to the UNHCR mandate registration process. S/he will be conducting registration interviews, or provide support to ongoing RSD or resettlement processing through providing administrative and logistical support. S/he may also be involved in communication with external partners regarding resettlement issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases; and ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Provide counselling to, and respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees, including in the context of the notification of decisions on individuals cases.
- Coordinate the preparatory phases of the RSD procedure and follow up on administrative tasks to ensure that prompt protection responses and assistance is provided to asylum-seekers and refugees.
- Conduct Country of Origin information research for RSD purposes and maintain the Operation’s local repository of relevant information, guidelines and standards. Maintain the RSD shared Data hard-drive and ensure that information stored is organized and well secured.
- Carry out preliminary resettlement interviews and initial assessments for cases received through internal and external referrals (phase 1 interviews).
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on their individual cases as well as on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Follow up on cases from the time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Assist in ensuring that PoC, Government authorities and partners have accurate information on the UNHCR individual case-processing policies and procedures as applicable.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- Completion of High School Diploma with relevant experience in Humanitarian and related fields.
- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Law; Political Sciences; Public Administration; Social Sciences;
Relevant Job Experience:
Ability to conduct registration interviews, to report on the situation of the beneficiaries. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of the use of PRIMES, ProGres is an asset. Working experience with procedures and principles related to registration, resettlement, and RSD. Previous work experience in the field of International Refugee Law and Human Rights Law. Experience in counselling asylum seekers or refugees. Experience in working with vulnerable or traumatized individuals.
Essential – very good knowledge of English and local languages (spoken and written) Pashto, Balochi and Urdu. Knowledge of Dari or any locally used language by the refugees will be an asset.
PR-RSD – Principles and Procedures, operational arrangements/assistance;
PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures;
MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation;
PR-Experience in Registration;
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Judgement and Decision Making
Planning and Organizing
Change Capability and Adaptability
Job date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 08:20:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!