Job title: Senior Legal Counsel Central A
Company: PMCL-JAZZ (Formerly known as Mobilink)
Job description: Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 25th Nov 2021
What is Sr. Legal Counsel?
This position reviews company records and suggests litigation preferences/options; imparts legal advices/opinions, and handles company and its all subsidiaries’ litigation relating to – all civil, criminal including FIRs, tax, custom, HR, commercial, and regulatory matters, etc., before all forums including courts of law and Regulatory bodies.
The role reports directly to Head of Litigation and will have subsequent reporting.
What does Legal Counsel (Central A) do?
- Liaise with Tax & Customs, HR related institutions and Regulatory authorities as and when required.
- Draft and respond to legal notices/complaints and also prepare other legal documents after seeking necessary inputs from peer departments with consultation of senior member of the team.
- Report your cases and litigious matters through weekly updates and appearing with external legal counsel in court where necessary or so desired by your line manager/peer department.
- Draft written statements/para-wise comments/applications etc. for courts related documents in litigious matters.
- Coordinate and liaise with peer departments and external counsels for smooth sharing of information required for contesting/defending the court cases.
- Independently review, draft, endorse legal agreements/SLA’s assigned to Legal Department departments.
- Provide legal advice/assistance to internal Departments on matters pertaining to interpretation of statutes, regulations, license conditions and agreements.
- Support in regulatory matters to Corporate Regulatory Affairs and provide necessary co-ordination to regulatory bodies wherever needed.
- Representing the Company/Jazz and its subsidiaries (LDNT, LDNP, DEODAR, VGSP, Jazz Foundation,) at the Courts, Legal Forums and the Regulatory bodies.
- Provide legal assistance and opinion on contract related and litigious matters.
- Provide legal assistance on various commercial project initiative by the Company.
- Assist the company in various initiative for digital transformation.
- Perform record keeping, update Litigation Portals and prepare litigation reports.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Legal Counsel (Central A)?
- Experience of independently handling court cases at various Legal Forums including, but not limited to, High Courts, Labour courts and Regulatory authorities.
- Experience of reviewing pleadings and legal notice drafts. Must have the ability to prepare applications, respond to legal notices and other correspondence with several authorities and business partners/consumers.
- Ability to deal with Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Bar at Law/LLM/LLB Degree with at least 7-8 years working experience (in Regulatory and Corporate Litigation) and sound knowledge of the law of Pakistan in general & telecom laws in particular and anticipated litigation therefrom. Corporate experience will be a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework especially telecom laws in Pakistan.
- Drafting and analytical skills.
- Research skills with sound knowledge about various contracts arrangements, in-depth knowledge of company laws and telecom regulations.
- Knowledge of litigation management and know how about Telecom Industry Litigation.
- Has the ability to handle court matters independently.
- Should be able to get early disposals.
- Advance communication skills for managing cross-functional projects.
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 70 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy
Location: Lahore, Punjab
Job date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:50:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!