Job title: Senior Data Assistant
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Pakistan has specifically been supporting the Government of Pakistan to strengthen migration and border management in order to curb irregular migration from Pakistan. Keeping in view current challenges associated with COVID-19 Pandemic and aligning with priorities of the Government of Pakistan, IOM Pakistan intends to contribute further to enhance technical capacities of relevant government authorities, including the Ministry of Interior and Federal Investigation Agency and policy makers to curb organized crimes of Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrants. One of the identified sectors where IOM Pakistan could contribute is on migration data.
IOM has specifically been supporting the Government of Pakistan to strengthen migration and border management in order to curb irregular migration from Pakistan, including organized crimes of Trafficking in Persons (TIP) and Smuggling of Migrants (SOM). Aligning priorities with the Federal Investigation Agency as outlined in its National Action Plan to Combat TIP and SOM (2021-25), IOM Pakistan will implement a range of activities relating to prevention and protection against these organized crimes. These activities will be delivered under four broad outcomes on enhancing capacities of border management officials deter irregular migration, increasing awareness of vulnerable populations on irregular migration, strengthening technical and infrastructural capacities of service delivery sector to provide protection and assistance and providing direct assistance to victims in partnership with local organizations.
In support of the above effort, Senior Data Analyst will design data collection tools, develop data analysis plan, conducting data analysis and develop reports based on analysis result. S/he will also support overall consolidation and sharing of the Migration Data Knowledge both internally and externally.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, direct supervision of the Migration Management Coordinator and in close coordination with the Senior Program Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Capture, assemble and collate all project-defined data and information sets from both internal and external sources and organize including analysis for dissemination, as required.
- Design and maintain an analytical dashboard for centralized reporting capturing both, quantitative as well as qualitative indicators.
- Review and ensure the consistency and accuracy of data/information sets, identify patterns and trends in data sets and report the results
- Contribute to identification of data and information gaps relevant to migration, provide inputs on further data and data analysis needed.
- In close coordination with the supervisor and relevant units, develop training material, capacity building plans and lead the training on data management to support staff and project counterparts in their work related to data collection, data analysis, verification, validation and visualization and reporting.
- Liaise and coordinate data synchronization between IOM and main stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with new trends, developments and opportunities, and exercise creativity in analyzing incoming data to better respond to or highlight emerging needs.
- With guidance from direct supervisor, Data Management and ICT Unit, contribute to the implementation of the information management systems and application adhere to IOM’s Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Policies and Standards.
- Provide input for development of donors’ reports and project proposals with respect to data and information gaps.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in math, statistics, Information Management or Economic with at least three years of relevant working experience, or
- Completed High School Diploma from an accredited academic institution in the subject of Math, Statistics, Information Management and Social Science, with seven years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting, preferably in the area of human mobility or migration.
- Experience in analysis of statistical information and utilizing data processing and analysis software (MS-Excel, SPSS, STATA, Tableau or others); Experience in GIS is an advantage.
- Knowledge of development and implementation of population database systems (such as registrations, census or surveys) is an advantage.
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Experience in coordination and liaison with other organizations or government offices related to data.
- Proficient English writing and speaking skills.
- Computer literacy, especially related to data analysis such as Tableu, Power BI, STATA, SPSS or others.
- Experience using two or more of the following tools and programming language: Phyton, R, Visual Basic, Java, SQL or Oracle.
- Ability to consolidate, analyze and describe diverse data, especially related to migration.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability of multitasking and working independently.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of other IOM international official languages (Spain, France and Arabic) and local languages in Pakistan (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi, etc).
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.
Job date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:26:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!