Job title: Protection Helpline Assistant (UNOPS) – LICA 4
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The Protection Helpline Assistant will be a member of the UNHCR team and will respond to calls received through the helpline, as well as related email contacts, and provide accurate and timely responses. The incumbent will be supervised by a UNHCR staff member in the office of assignment (Islamabad, Peshawar). The helpline will be integrated with UNHCR’s pre-existing public information lines.
The Helpline Assistant will provide direct advice and guidance where possible and may also refer callers to other sources of information (such as the public information campaign) or refer cases as necessary and appropriate for follow up by protection, assistance or other teams. The Helpline Assistant will provide periodic internal reports of the nature and number of contacts received, and the types of responses given. In addition, the incumbent will support wider communications functions and may be called upon to undertake other duties.
The incumbent will be required to be proficient in one or more of the main languages spoken by Afghan refugees in Pakistan (for instance, Pashto, Dari or Hazaragi).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and respond to calls received through the helplines in a kind, helpful and professional manner.
- Respond to email contacts and provide accurate and timely responses.
- Remain abreast of all information and updates on assistance and services to persons of concern to ensure that information being provided is accurate and up-to-date.
- Record the incoming calls and details in designated databases in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compile and report on Helpline’s trend – including concerns, and information coming from persons of concern.
- Support in generating daily, weekly and monthly reports on the number of calls received, average waiting time, number of referrals made, etc.
- Provide counselling and guidance to individuals calling the helpline.
- Make outbound calls as needed to schedule appointments, collect information, participate in emerging exercises, etc.
- Provide face to face counselling and information dissemination when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- Completion of High School Diploma with relevant experience in Humanitarian and related fields.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Experience in working with UNHCR Registration procedures.
Essential – very good knowledge of English and local languages (spoken and written) Pashto, Balochi and Urdu. Knowledge of Dari or any locally used language by the refugees will be an asset.
IT-Computer Literacy. Ability to work with databases. Ability to operate phone systems. Experience in public relations, communications, or other similar public-facing employment is desirable.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
Location: Quetta, Balochistan
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 02:38:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!