Job title: Programme Coordinator, Access to Justice, Punjab
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
About the Position and/or Portfolio
UN Women Pakistan is planning to initiate implementation of a comprehensive project for preventing violence against women and enhancing their access to justice in Punjab and Punjab at the Federal level. The project interventions will build upon UN Women’s work for supporting national and provincial partners to end violence against women (EVAW) by undertaking awareness-raising and advocacy initiatives, supporting data collection and analysis, building capacity of duty-bearers, and enhancing women’s access to justice, services and safe spaces.
UN Women seeks to engage a Programme Coordinator in Punjab for its Access to Justice project to coordinate all aspects of project implementation in the province, including planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and reporting of project activities as well as support the projects of the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights Unit and provide technical input and advice.
Reporting to Portfolio Manager Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights, the Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the EVAW portfolio which includes coordinating relationships with national partners and stakeholders, and the monitoring and reporting, and the finances and personnel of the portfolio.
1. Coordinate the EVAW Unit’s Access to Justice Programme in Punjab
· Coordinate the overall Programme work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document;
· Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports for the donor and UN Women;
· Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners;
· Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
2. Guide coordination with national partners and other stakeholders
· Coordinate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Access to Justice Programme, raise potential problems and suggest solutions;
· Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
3. Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the Access to Justice Programme in Punjab
· Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects from the planning to the evaluation stages;
· Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits, as required;
· Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
· Provide inputs from Access to Justice programme activities and results in Punjab to Country Office reporting.
4. Manage people and finances of the Access to Justice programme in Punjab
· Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting;
· Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
5. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
· Provide inputs to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
6. Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
· Document the programme implementation process and products;
· Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
· Coordinate the organization of major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in development programme/ project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
Experience in EVAW, Governance and Human Rights is an asset;
Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/ or donors is an asset.
· Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of other local languages of Punjab will be an asset.
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.
Location: Lahore, Punjab
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:01:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!