Job title: Program Manager (PM) Pakistan
Job description: Position : Programme Manager
Job Location: Islamabad
Job type: Contract: 01 year
Probation period: 3 months
Department/Job category: Programme
Last date for application: 14th August 2022, mid night
Terre des hommes Foundation Lausanne (Tdh) is an International NGO registered in Pakistan. It has been active in KP province of the country and is interested to extend activities to other regions as well. Projects addressed and will address among others Emergency Aid, Child Protection (CP). Tdh has been working with own funds and is actively seeking the support of international donors to increase scope and volume of its activities in the country.
The PM will be responsible for planning and implementing Tdh program activities in Pakistan. This includes project identification, research and project planning, as well as the identification and liaison with partners and donors in the country. Establishing of partnerships with other stakeholders will form a central part of the job.
For future projects, the PM will be responsible to monitor and supervise the implementation of the project(s). In case of own implementation, the Project Manager (PM) reports to the Country Representative, in case of implementation through partners, the MOU with the partner describes the relationship and reporting lines.
The PM works closely with the Pakistan Office’s Finance and Admin. Manager (FAM).
The PM reports to and closely coordinates with the Country Representative (CR) who temporarily is not based in Pakistan.
The PM is based in Islamabad office. The conditions of COVID-19 may require that the PM will have to work from his/her home office.
Regular visits in the (actual and potential) project areas are part of the job.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 09 am until 05 pm.
Function details: * Designs and carries out a mapping of potential implementation partners within the Pakistani NGO community.
- Designs and carries out a donor mapping in Pakistan.
- Contributes to the establishment of a country strategy for Tdh Pakistan office.
- Liaises with partners and donors on behalf of the CR; represents Tdh in NGO coordination meetings.
- Coordinates and participates in project identification, proposal writing and project implementation, cf. to separate work plan.
- In close cooperation with the FAM liaises with the Pakistani authorities with regards to program issues i.e. MOUs, NOCs and reporting
- Is responsible for the implementation of policies on security, child protection and fraud prevention (see Tdh policy documents).
- Supports external consultants working for Tdh in Pakistan.
Education: University degree in relevant field
Experience: at least 5 years in a similar position
Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Urdu, Pashto will be an asset
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in Pakistan
- To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 03:07:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!