Job title: Millwright
Company: IMI Industrial Services Group
Job description: IMI is currently looking for a full time Millwright LOCAL to the Winder, GA area. The Individual must be willing to work within a 75-mile radius of the Winder, GA area.
Millwrights have either just advanced from the Millwright Helper level or have developed skills through technical training and/or previous experience of 0-3 years in the millwright field or in a related area. Employees can also advance to this position if they have obtained their NCCER certification, or if they have completed a related program through an accredited technical school. Individuals should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the millwright field. They rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions, and they work under immediate supervision.
Generally these employees may specialize in working on certain pieces of equipment and have a narrower base of knowledge. They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and will perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities. These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
Tasks that Millwrights are required to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment according to construction plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishments, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skill, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines using hand tools.
- Identify hand tools, fasteners, and other equipment used in the trade and distinguish their applications.
- Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, gearboxes and pumps.
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools. Must have knowledge of load-bearing capabilities of foundations.
- Perform routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventative maintenance.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade staff.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics), and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps, and compressors.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear. Utilize logical step-by-step procedures for work, planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
*Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform the job.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, including times of inclement weather.
- Manual dexterity needed for repetitive tasks and to operate standard operating equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be highly safety cautious and have ability to see and escape from dangerous situations.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of equipment.
- Good physical fitness, eye hand coordination and ability to quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance and ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shifts.
IMI Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Winder, Balochistan – Georgia
Job date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 06:09:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!