Job title: Lead Refrigeration & HVAC
Job description: Job Title: Lead Refrigeration & HVAC
- To plan, lead and organize the preventive maintenance of Refrigeration Plants including
- Air-conditioning System Ammonia Screw Compressors & Controls
- Intercoolers & Controls Surge drums / Separators & Controls
- Evaporative Condensers & Controls Unit coolers & controls
- Pipe network & safety valve system
- Glycol cooling system Refrigeration system of Ice cream Freezers, Tunnels, Tub lines (Flexline), Cone Lines and Stick Lines
- Ammonia Detection System & controls
- Split type and Window air conditioners
- LPG Systems
- To lead Refrigeration / Utilities operator – mechanics in calibration of all instruments, gauges, controllers and other automation devices and gauges necessary to maintain refrigeration plants and safety.
- To lead in maintenance, troubleshooting of instrumentation and control systems in refrigeration plant such as SCADA, VFD and PLC Controllers. Implement corrective actions to ensure its reliable operation.
- To ensure that field devices, instrumentation systems, communication networks an interfaces are working properly does, modifications, if need be, to improve its operational reliability and performance
- Develop and implement standard operation procedure (SOP) for the preventive maintenance of electrical and automation systems/components (VFD, PLC, etc.) in all Ammonia Refrigeration machines.
- Reviews and updates the electrical, instrument & control diagram of existing electrical & automation system, PID, ladder diagrams, hardware components, specifications an inspects new installations/expansions to ensure compatibility with existing plant requirements, electrical codes and maintenance standards..
- Leads in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical and automation faults in Refrigeration equipment /system with technicians and submits regular updates to the immediate superior • Coordinates with key planning and production personnel the schedule of planned shutdown maintenance of electrical utility equipment that may affect production lines.
- Implement continuous improvement projects/programs related cost efficiency, quality and safety. Prepares project justifications and lead its execution and final completion.
- Training of subordinates and production operators, cascade new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies, electrical codes and standards.
- Perform cost governance to ensure compliance to required operating budget. Prioritize maintenance expenditures and assists in preparation of annual capital and operations budgets.
- Inspect the new project constructions/expansions, upgrading, renovations and provides inputs to external project engineers in design requirements of the plant and required compliance to electrical standards.
- To maintain equipment in good working condition and according to PSRM guidelines.
- To report and respond immediately for all ammonia/process safety related emergencies.
Implementation of Manufacturing Excellence Program
- Active participation in circle activities
- Ensure 5S at workplace
- Ensure CILT activities on machines
- Active participation in Manufacturing Excellence Program studies for reduction of losses
- Calculation of plant efficiencies and raising improvement projects.
- To actively participate in commissioning of new equipment in the respective refrigeration/HVAC/LPG/Glycol Circuit and any other associated equipment.
Environment – Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials. Identify and actively participate in site’s energy/ Co2/ Water reduction plan.
Quality – Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with a local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product. Participate out investigation (using tools such as 5W1H, WWBLA etc.) in case of any defective production identified on floor, warehouse, external supply chain, customer’s premises, or complaint received from consumer, document all the activities in standard formats, and implement corrective and preventive actions identified.
Leadership – Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets.
Continuous Improvement – Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
Problem Solving – A Working Knowledge of how to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence. Must demonstrate initiative and improvement in productivity.
Decision Making – Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
Teamwork – Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and able communicator.
Communication – Process related communication. Interaction with the relevant departments in case of problems or non-routine work. Safety and quality data reporting.
Flexibility: Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory operations, planned maintenance during shifts, shutdowns, training courses and emergency cover. Must be flexible to perform all assigned tasks by line manager.
B.tech/Bachelors in Engineering in at least one of the 3 relevant engineering disciplines:
- 5 Plus In Handling Ammonia based Refrigeration system
- Mechanical engineers with more than 5 years experienced in utilities and refrigeration
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the Refrigeration system.
- Knowledge of applicable mechanical/electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of Process safety management principles, practices & techniques.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of refrigeration system, automation components and equipment including air conditioning system.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects.
- Excellent work attitude and can work long hours.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Above average skill in both verbal and written communication
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Location: Lahore, Punjab
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:42:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!