Job title: IT Assistant
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager; and in direct supervision of the National Deputy Programme Officer ; and close coordination for technical supervision under Senior ICT Administrator, and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the information and communication technology activities in Sub-Office Quetta.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provide end user support and ensure that all ICT support requests and queries are logged in the helpdesk ticketing system and answered appropriately within the agreed service level of agreement (SLA), by taking the ownership of these requests, open, update and close them in the helpdesk ticketing system.
1. Take ownership of users’ request/issues and be proactive when dealing with these issues.
2. Provide Tier1 and Tier 2 level technical support such as immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
3. Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
4. Assist in determining root causes and propose resolution for problems raised by reported incidents.
5. Escalate to Senior ICT Administrator and Global User Support (GUS), supervisor when necessary and according to the identified priority level of the issue.
- Assist in creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered ICT systems in the mission and update global user support of the planned changes in advance.
- Assist in analyzing performance problems of network, systems and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability.
- Maintain an update- to- date inventory of ICT software’ licenses and of ICT equipment in coordination with Asset unit, and advice the owners/management about assets that require replacement and the licenses that require renewal in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases and other ICT related services. Manage and monitor completion and accuracy of server’s backup plans in line with IOM ICT standard and ensure that backup and other procedures are in place. Support in preparing documentation and ensuring that the simulation is carried out regularly to enable timely recovery in case will be required.
- Develop when necessary and provide ITC training to all end users to facilitate productive use of existing and new systems and tools available in IOM.
- Undertake daily monitoring and maintenance of systems and networks (LAN, WAN, VPN, VOIP), carry out analysis performance identify problems of network, systems and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability to ensure uninterrupted service of mission-critical servers and systems.
- Implement IOM IT Standards and IOM IT Policies and Guidelines in particular regarding networks, systems, telecoms, ICT services and equipment usage IT procurement and information security
- Assist in managing the regular updates of patches and firmware of operating system and other software and the distribution of the updates to all the workstations, as well other devices. Regularly update to latest firmware/patches to ensure protection from threats and vulnerabilities.
- Perform other related duties as required by his/her supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience with minimum 3 years of related experience
- or completed High school/diploma with minimum 5 years of related experience) in a networking environment (LAN/WAN) and first level of network/desktop support. Knowledge of Windows Administration at multi-site environment, TCP/IP, Telecoms/Network protocols, Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS 365 Office, VMWare, Backup and Replication, Antivirus Software, and IT utilities.
- Certification in any of the following (ITIL V4, MS AZ-900, MS AZ-104) is an advantage.
- Experience working with specialized international agencies (UN Agencies, International Organizations, and International NGOs) and in complex operations, including conflict and post-conflict situations preferred.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of any other local language/s.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.
Location: Quetta, Balochistan
Job date: Sun, 01 May 2022 07:17:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!