Job title: EY Ford Rhodes: Senior Associate- Database Administrator
Job description: At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Associate – Database Administrator
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Ford Rhodes. Chartered Accountants, is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
EY Ford Rhodes is currently seeking a Database Administrator (Senior Associate) to join our GCR (Global Compliance & Reporting) Tax Technology team based in Islamabad. We are looking for a talent individual carrying DBA experience of managing Windows Server as well. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a pioneer firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
As a database administrator, you’ll need to:
- Management of databases created for payroll outsourcing setup. This includes setup of a database, tables and must be aware of SQL queries & Database optimization.
- Monitoring database performance and setup of Database optimization.
- Installation & configuration of Microsoft SQL Server, SSMS, SSRS etc.
- develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for all the databases with automation of data backup. This includes database replication and mirroring concepts and its practical exposure.
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT Onsite Support services, Application support Vendor and GCR Tax team to ensure availability and reliability of the system.
- Must be aware of as to how database encryption works (at rest).
Skills and attributes required for success
You will need to show:
- excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- good communication, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- good organizational skills
- flexibility and adaptability
- the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- a willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology and working experience of Windows Server, networking etc. is essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of Data and Database technologies with ability to troubleshoot underlying issues.
- Knowledge of business processes, products, and services, within agreed areas of expertise and is able to provide input and advice to key stakeholders, such as Product Owners, business sponsors and Service Delivery Managers
- Ability to systematically break apart complex problems (written, verbal or numerical).
- Ability to be analytical and systematic whilst being open-minded and creative.
- Able to base decisions on facts rather than emotions, and always using logic.
To qualify for the role, you should have
- Certified Database Administrator will be preferred
- Atleast Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer science, Engineering etc.
- 4+ years Database Experience including administration and troubleshooting
- Working Knowledge of SQL Server Database configuration, support and administration tasks
- Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Service Bus, IIS, .NET, Cloud Development Platforms
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with in a high performing team
- Flexibility to work weekends or afterhours as needed
- Shift flexibility supporting afterhours
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Job date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 23:18:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!