Job title: Communications and Partnerships Specialist
Company: United Nations
Job description: Job Description
UN Women Pakistan focuses on delivering on the interlinked programme areas underpinned by support for intergovernmental and normative processes; and by support to gender-responsive initiatives that promote women’s human rights, with a special focus on their economic security, governance/ political participation, freedom from violence, as well as preparedness and response to humanitarian crises. Two key portfolios are:
- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, Governance and Human Rights; and
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Sustainable Livelihoods.
Under the direct supervision of Country Representative for UN Women Pakistan Country Office (PCO), the Communications and Partnerships Specialist will develop, manage, coordinate and monitor the implementation of a comprehensive advocacy and outreach strategy, and develop associated products and activities, with the objective of supporting the vision and goals of PCO. He/she will also develop and maintain a network with UN Agencies, Government officials, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and private sector, and will provide strategic partner engagement and resource mobilization advice to PCO.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive advocacy and outreach strategy, and associated products and activities;
- Development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive partnerships-building strategy to strengthen UN Women position among donors, UN family and partners;
- Facilitation of knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing.
- Effective management of the Partnership and Communications Unit and supervision of the Partnership and Communications team
- Lead the formulation and implementation of a comprehensive advocacy and outreach strategy, and associated products and activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Design, develop and implement a comprehensive advocacy and outreach strategy including an integrated strategy for programme communications and branding for PCO, in close collaboration with Portfolio Managers/Heads of Sub-Offices.
- Support PCO on the design and implementation of effective advocacy strategies and methods for proactive and strategic targeting of partners, including in the development and implementation of resource mobilization strategies and plans.
- Develop effective targeted programme communications and marketing activities relevant to various partner groups to showcase the impact of the work of UN Women, leading to new partnerships, reinforcement of existing partnerships, and opportunities to mobilize new resources, including through the consolidation and selection of good practices and lessons learned from UN Women’s programming.
- Regularly monitor UN Women communications products/mechanisms to ensure targeted programme communications / communication of results, providing guidance to communications and HeForShe officers as needed.
- Identify and develop new strategic partnerships and alliances to enhance visibility for UN Women; manage and nurture media relationships, both internationally and nationally, especially in countries where impact projects emerge, in order to increase the media coverage of programmes and campaigns.
- Lead the design and implementation of advocacy initiatives and campaigns, making use of various platforms and formats, including but not limited to print, multimedia, online, social and traditional media, infographics, interactive, etc., to in accurate, simple, easy-to-understand yet visually-appealing manner.
- Draft proposals and concept notes for the development of high-impact advocacy campaigns, creative programming and policy initiatives, including through public-private partnerships.
2. Develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive partnership-building strategy to strengthen UN Women position among donors, UN family and partners:
- Support Country Representative and Portfolio Managers in harnessing and strengthening strategic partnerships for UN Women.
- Support the Country Representative, Deputy Country Representative and key donor agencies in the preparation of missions, meetings and other consultations with donors, including the preparation of briefing notes, programme and policy briefs and other materials.
- Develop and implement a partnerships-building strategy for PCO, including innovative models for resource mobilization from private companies and individuals, as well as development banks and governments, including through government cost-sharing.
- Review and refine the strategy at regular intervals to harness new emerging opportunities, to anticipate changes to the internal direction and external environment and to make ongoing adjustments, alert Senior Management as needed.
- Identify and monitor PCO partnership priorities, goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the partnership and resource mobilization strategies.
- Identify trends, new programming opportunities and emerging partners for PCO, including new potential donors and partners, to enhance the impact and influence of UN Women’s strategic priorities and to support the mobilization of additional financial resources.
- Build partnerships with multilateral and bilateral donors, private sector, research institutes and non-traditional partners for implementation of the communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, project visits, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Forge a “One UN” approach through publicizing the significance of the United Nations Sustainable Development Corporation Framework (UNSDCF) efforts, joint programmes and common services.
- Support PCO in the preparation of high quality and timely donor proposals and reports, to ensure the quality and relevance of all products aimed for external audiences.
- Oversee promotional activities to position UNWOMEN as a leader within the development space.
- Increase coverage and understanding of the UNWOMEN’s work in the country or practice area through development and maintenance of media contacts and providing newsworthy information to national public and donors.
3. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Identify and formulate lessons learned on advocacy and outreach, resource mobilization and strategic partnerships, with recommendations to be integrated into broader PCO knowledge management and partnerships development efforts.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice on advocacy and strategic partnerships.
- Facilitate/train programme staff and managers based in PCO on advocacy, strategic partnerships and resource mobilization, including the development of tools and products, as needed.
- Proactively share lessons learned from strategic partner engagement and results-based reporting/programme communications across the region and with HQ.
4. Effective management of the Communications and Partnerships Unit and supervision of the team
- Lead the process of preparation of the work-plan and progress reports, management of translations and contractual matters, and identifying areas under the Communications and Partnerships Unit;
- Manage the performance of staff under supervision; provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership to staff and provide performance feedback and coaching to staff under supervision, ensure performance assessment are implemented on time and ensure staff members are fully aware of UN Women workplace relations policies.
Master’s degree in public administration, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, International Relations, Political Sciences, Development Studies, communications or related field.
· At least 5 years of professional work experience at national or international level in communications, programme or partnership management or advocacy with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment, preferably within the UN System, Agencies, Funds or Programmes
· Proven experience in successful development of partnerships, network building, and/or resource mobilization is required
· Extensive experience in clearly communicating results, evidence, and issues and in conducting research and policy analysis
· Knowledge of gender equality and women’s rights issues is an added advantage
· Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
· Past experience in the UN system is an advantage.
· Fluency in English and Urdu is required;
· Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
· The incumbent will be required to travel frequently to field locations in Pakistan.
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.
Job date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 06:27:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!