Job title: Women’s Clothing Specialist – Sales
Job description: Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Sales – Women’s Clothing Specialist – Part Time
Do you enjoy staying in touch with Fashion Trends? Do you enjoy working with and outfitting customers in the latest trends? SCHEELS is the opportunity for you. SCHEELS is seeking individuals motivated to join a team of associates that are passionate about fashion and athletic clothing and who have a knack for selling and who are excited to share their apparel and accessory expertise and tips. Interacting with our guests on the sales floor takes an ability to approach guests and share brand knowledge. Our portfolio of brands offers the best brands of fashion apparel, accessories. SCHEELS associates enjoy great benefits, including the best associate discount in the industry, provided uniforms, and the opportunity to become an employee-owner of SCHEELS! Through our extensive business and product training you will leverage your passions into a successful career. Imagine working in a store that creates an environment of the best customer experience through associates that are experts in what they do! Total compensation for this position can be $15-$17+/hour, depending on performance (with commissions and incentives included). Average hours worked per week is 20 hours.
With over 115 years in business, SCHEELS is a leader in the sporting goods industry, driven to create the best experience in the USA for our customers. SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of sports brands in America—offering world-class brands, special attractions, and unmatched customer service.
SCHEELS Sales Associates enjoy going to work. SCHEELS experts are empowered to make decisions that give the best customer experience in the USA. SCHEELS is an employee-owned, privately held business whose empowered associates and leaders drive the success of their store and the entire company.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in their shops to go above and beyond to meet the customer’s needs and expectations. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk, with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a focus throughout your entire career.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantages of the health and wellness benefits we offer.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Greet all customers on the sales floor with courtesy and a smile
- Grow personal sales by hitting minimum goals and following Scheels professional salesmanship standards to provide an above and beyond customer experience
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Engage in conversation with customers and assist them in making buying decisions
- Demonstrate a passion for products in our store
- Attend all Scheels product training and all store meetings
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Assist in all other assigned duties
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Exercise judgment and tact while working with customers or co workers
- Strong oral/written communication and reading skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Must be willing to help with freight/stocking when needed
- Ability to demonstrate product usage within their shop and retrieve product from heights of greater than 6 ft
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and or 1-3 months of sales experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:03:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!