Job title: Tax and Finance Officer
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job description: Candidate Specification
- Relevant professional qualification in taxation, accounting, and finance.
- Prior experience in a similar role within Pakistan.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent MS office skills
- Good understanding of IFRS and tax accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with strong relationship building capability
- Detail oriented, while still meeting and delivering under tight deadlines
- Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels within a cross-cultural environment
- Willing and able to travel within and outside of country.
About the Role
As part of the Finance Team, the Tax and Finance Officer will cover tax and finance aspects of the business in Pakistan
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Strategy: Support Pakistan finance team and Regional Tax team in:
- ensuring group finance & tax policies are consistently applied at country level
- identifying & evaluating tax issues.
- planning & implementing efficient tax strategies in the country.
- Compliance: Preparation, coordination and review of information for income tax, withholding tax, sales tax for the entity in Pakistan.
- Internal reporting:
- Assist Country Accountant with accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements, management accounts, reconciliations, and Business packs consolidation (BPC).
- Providing timely and accurate tax figures in local accounts and for group reporting purposes.
- Supporting the country and regional finance teams with year-end processes.
- Analyzing assigned ERP reports to identify unusual trends and patterns, flagging potential problem areas.
- Tax Notices: Pulling together information, reviewing tax submissions, managing tax audits, and coordinating appeals with the tax authorities.
Finance and Accounting
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
Asia Pacific, Asia Subcontinent
Job details page image
Job date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 00:46:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!