Job title: Tax Analyst, Conversions
Company: Vensure Employer Services
Job description: About Us
Founded in 2004, Vensure Employer Services provides PEO solutions and human resource outsourcing to small and mid-market businesses across the country. Through its subsidiaries, including VensureHR, the company processes more than $9 billion in payroll and supporting more than 300,000 worksite employees. With services including payroll, medical and voluntary benefits, workers’ compensation, risk management, and HR administration, Vensure companies support a broad spectrum of industries, allowing small business owners to cost-effectively manage HR functions and turn their attention to growth and profitability initiatives
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k w/match, PTO, paid holidays, and more!
If you are a great multi-tasker with experience providing amazing client service and want to join an organization that is growing and has significant opportunities for you to make a positive impact, come join the Vensure team. Our organization’s growth is largely driven by acquisition, and the System Conversions team is responsible for converting clients from their legacy system onto PrismHR, our chosen processing platform. To provide the best accuracy, we are looking to add a Tax Analyst to our team. The Tax Analyst will be responsible for partnering with the newly acquired organization to evaluate and document their tax setup, and work to identify the appropriate setup within our existing system. The analyst will also work with our payroll conversion coordinators to resolve any discrepancies in year to date information, as well as partner with our tax partners to get clarity on competing setups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with documenting tax mapping between systems
- Partner with internal partners to resolve setup discrepancies and ensure the appropriate go forward setup is completed
- Troubleshoot tax discrepancies that arise during conversion per client and employee
- Provide necessary documentation detailing out known and explainable discrepancies between the legacy system and PRISM
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Stay current with system information, changes/updates and new releases
- Contribute to written documentation
- Participation in process improvement initiatives
- Documentation of identified issues, with the necessary follow-up to ensure a positive resolution
- Participation in analysis gathering sessions, interacting with other departments and clients as needed
- Managing client communications
- Maintaining accurate status of all assigned tasks, escalating when needed if deadlines are at risk
- Constantly learning and increasing your knowledge and skills of our systems, processes, and industry
- Other Duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and analyze large sets of complex data
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of payroll tax and the regulatory environment, which includes federal, multi-state, and local tax regulations as well as the ability to read, understand, and analyze highly complex regulatory payroll tax information
- Experience with MasterTax and HRP/Prism experience preferred
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and attend to daily client matters while maintaining focus and follow through on issues until resolved and delivering results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness at all levels in the organization and across cultures
- Strong organization skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification or Fundamentals of Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
- Works independently and is self-motivated
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Embraces changes and contributes to new initiatives
- Must be able to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage relationships in a cross-functional environment.
Education & Experience
- 3 years multi-state payroll tax, multi-jurisdiction and high volume payroll tax experience
- Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll, federal, state and local wage laws required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Proficient with MS Office suite
Location: Billings, MT
Job date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:10:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!