Job title: Systems Engineer – IT Laboratory Support (Forensics Chemistry Center)
Company: Precise Software Solutions, Inc.
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Candidates must be able to commute and work on-site at this FDA forensics chemistry laboratory in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This is an IT laboratory support role that requires meticulous and clear documentation, that would pass muster in the event an instrument history is needed in a court case. Some experience in any type of lab is required for familiarity with instruments and workflow. This role provides first line IT support to analysts for lab instrumentation installation, maintenance, and retirement.
In a fast-paced, secure environment, IT Lab Support staff log service requests, troubleshoot issues, work with reimaging systems, back up of data, and work with instrumentation contractors. Following rules and processes are essential in the forensics lab environment.
Employment with Precise requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of an exemption.
- Network Server Systems Engineer
- Familiarity with instrumentation and a general understanding of laboratory workflow, terminology and, ideally, quality and analytical testing is required. 3+ years of Laboratory IT experience is preferred. Quick learners with some laboratory experience will be considered.
- Must have IT support experience with demonstrated gold-standard customer service.
- Customer service attitude: able to work patiently with end users, vendors, and laboratory leadership to solve problems efficiently.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills with great attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work independently with remote support from a geographically dispersed team.
Responsibilities and related requirements:
Network Server Systems
- Create and maintain virtual servers and computers
- Maintain and troubleshoot network backup data; raw data storage
- Workstation rebuilds
- 3 years of server support preferred
- MCSE or A+ Certification preferred
General IT Support
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents on instrument workstations, ELNs, and PCs, with Windows or Mac operating systems operating systems across a range of software applications.
- Manage service contracts for hardware
- Manage licensing and support contracts on various software (OpenLAB, VMware, VEEAM, Microsoft, Acronis, etc.)
- Collaborate with local IT contractors and vendors
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalates incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Set up all instruments for data sweeping
- Create and deploy ELN images using Acronis software and recommend and specify new ELN requirements for refresh
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary.
· Ensure necessary patches are deployed
· Act as a liaison with Agilent Technologies; manage Agilent support tickets
· Manage and troubleshoot automated business processes (BPM)
· Monitor internal OpenLAB help desk and address user issues
· Configure and adjust user permissions and access
· Manage and document change control log sheet
· Set up various instrumentation for OpenLAB integration
· Help generate and revise electronic forms and logs (balance and pipette logbook, etc.), tutorials and SOPs
- Monitor and configure backups of instrument data and various files on network drives
- Verify integrity of backups
- Monitor and configure backups for virtual machines using VEEAM software
- Maintain network attached storage (NAS) devices for: central data storage, local data backup storage, and off-site data backup storage
- Disaster recovery operations, testing and updating procedures
Forensic Chemistry Center Information Management System (FCC FIMS)
· Monitor the Microsoft Access database on the lab network
· Update the database with new chemical and COA information
· Address Microsoft Access issues
· Database maintenance 1) Access 2) SQL o Add/Delete user accounts
· Add/Delete tables, forms, objects
· Correct errors in VB Programing
Precise Software Solutions, Inc., an SBA 8(a) program participant, is an innovative small business with a proven record of success delivering quality services and solutions to government organizations. We are proud to be trusted advisors to Senior Technology Executives in capitalizing upon the efficiencies offered by technological advancements and ensuring the integrity of the IT systems and programs. We offer Strategic Consulting Services, System modernization and Integration, Emerging Technology Adoption, and Data Management, utilizing proven processes, procedures, and technologies.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Training and Development
- Two Innovation Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Charity Donation Match
- Awards and Recognition
- Standing Desks
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Precise is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:22:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!