Job title: Surgical Technologist (Sauk Centre)
Company: CentraCare Health
Job description: Job Description:
Full time, 64 hours. Monday-Friday from 7am-4pm, every 3rd-4th weekend call, rotating weekday call and holiday call.
Performs any combination of following tasks before, during, and after surgery to assist surgical team:
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves.
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery.
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment using germicides and sterilizers.
- Cleans operating room.
- High School Diploma or GED and
- Certified Surgical Technician Program graduate.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Technician with current certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified requried per established policy.
- Must be able to respond to on-call situations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with patient and /or patient families, personnel, medical staff and general public.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.
Our roots go back to 1886 when St. Cloud Hospital was built to serve the health care needs of people living in Central Minnesota. In 1995, CentraCare was formed, which today includes eight hospitals in St. Cloud, Long Prairie, Melrose, Monticello, Paynesville, Redwood Falls, Sauk Centre and Willmar. We also have more than 30 clinics, 11 senior housing facilities and seven long-term care facilities throughout the area.
CentraCare has grown to meet the needs of the communities and is now one of the largest health systems in Minnesota. This means we are able to offer the latest advancements in care, technology and treatments close to home. But what makes CentraCare special is not our facilities or technology. It is our people. We live in the communities we serve. We are neighbors, friends and family. And when you need us, we are here for you.
Location: Sauk Centre, MN
Job date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 06:43:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!