Job title: Student Worker: CTE Clerical Support
Company: Umpqua Community College
Job description: PLEASE NOTE: Completed applications are placed into a pool of candidates and applications are reviewed as assignments become available. Pools are posted based on the possible availability of a future assignment which are sporadic and may not occur. Should a review of your application result in the intent to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email for an interview.
JOB TITLE: Student Worker – Clerical Support
DEPARTMENT: Career & Technical Education
RESPONSIBLE TO: Department Lead
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide clerical support to faculty, department leads, and staff in the completion of routine tasks and special projects. The position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, attention to detail and work independently.
Examples of Duties
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Essential Functions: Duties will vary by department and might include any of the following
- Data entry
- Filing – electronic and paper
- Process incoming mail
- Conduct project and process research
- Assist with meeting and event organization
- Assist with office and classroom supply inventory and ordering
- Other duties as assigned
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sitting, standing, and walking occurs daily
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting/carrying 0-20 pounds occurs on occasion
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Office
- General Office Procedures
- UCC student currently enrolled in 6 or more credits
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans’ Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
- or …
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension.
- Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website.
For information regarding Veterans’ Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Employment with Umpqua Community College is contingent upon background check approval.
Expected salary: $12 per hour
Location: Roseburg, OR
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 06:25:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!