Job title: Sr. Synthesis Chemist – Manufacturing
Company: Polysciences, Inc.
Job description: Job Details
Job Location Poly- Warrington, PA – Warrington, PA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Graduate Degree
Travel Percentage None
Job Shift Day
Sr. Synthesis Chemist – Manufacturing
At Polysciences, we take chemistry beyond the ordinary. We produce and sell specialty chemicals for several industries including pharmaceuticals, electronics, academic research and personal care. We need driven, detail-oriented team players to support our growing operations and customer base, and identify further opportunities for growth.
Were looking for a Sr. Synthesis Chemist to independently execute established manufacturing processes for our Specialty Products department to the highest safety and quality standards to meet production demand. The ideal candidate will utilize their chemical knowledge to become a subject matter expert, troubleshoot and suggest process improvements, train less experienced Chemists, work on scale-up and batch optimization, and work with R&D on technology transfer into Manufacturing.
- Document production activities on batch record using good documentation practices.
- Independently performs a production activities according the production schedule
- Train and comply with ISO procedures and batch records that apply to designated production processes and production area
- Support company inventory management goals to reduce inventory disposal cost by adhering to inventory control procedures and increasing accuracy of inventory transactions and documentation
- Follow all company safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE at all times
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and perform 5S sustain activities to be audit ready at all times
- Use advanced chemistry knowledge to support process improvement
- Perform routine equipment and laboratory preventive maintenance and cleaning
Polysciences is a climate controlled federally regulated chemical production facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
- Hot surfaces
- Cryogenic materials
- Pressurized or vacuum vessels
- Cleanroom environment
- Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and the required PPE includes, but is not limited to wearing respirators, lab coats, Tyvek suits, gloves, hairnets, facial masks and shoe covers.
Education & Skills Required:
- MS or PhD in Chemistry with 4 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Ability to read technical documents
- Ability to understand and execute approved batch instructions
- Experience writing technical reports and quality documents
- Good Documentation Practice
We’ve got great employees who work hard but like to have a bit of fun. We don’t have the bureaucracy, acronyms, corporate speak, etc. like mega corporations, and we like it that way. We are serious about business and enthusiastic about our work environment!
We offer benefits that can compete with large companies. We offer affordable benefits so you can afford the appointment and the cure! We have four healthcare plans; a comprehensive dental plan that includes orthodontia; a flexible spending account; basic and supplemental life insurance plans; short-term and long-term disability; a 401(k) with a healthy employer match; an Employee Assistance Program; auto and homeowners discounted plans; long-term care insurance at group rates; college savings plan; paid time off; a credit union; discounted tickets to the areas activities (including Broadway shows) and half off our bath and body products.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US and will not require sponsorship.
Location: Warrington, PA
Job date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:16:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!