Job title: Special Credits Enforcement Officer I
Company: Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Job description: Overview
$1,000 Signing Bonus*
*Terms and conditions apply
Reports To: Senior SC Enforcement Officer
Primary Functions: Responsible for assigned account requiring legal/regulatory actions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control small claims, civil court, bankruptcy actions and other routine legal documents on assigned accounts as directed to protect the credit union’s interest in collateral and follow progress to conclusions.
- Responsible for reviewing all billings from attorneys, process servers and repossession agents for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for filling and monitoring all government and private insurance programs as those relate to real estate loans.
- Responsible for control and monitoring of all credit union cross collateralization claims for under-secured and unsecured financial obligations on assigned accounts.
- Responsible for review and payment recommendations for unpaid real property taxes and foreclosure actions to protect the credit union’s interests.
- Responsible for review and preparation of department reports on adverse actions, substandard, non-amortizing and paid ahead reports.
- Responsible for review and research of credit bureau disputes for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for regulatory requirements dealing with, but not limited to, deceased members, SCRA, ID Theft and government collateral impounds on assigned accounts.
- Responsible for coordination with Department of Law as it relates to claims and orders of restitution due to credit union losses.
- Responsible for coordinating with other departments to secure the credit union’s interests in motor vehicle titles, unsigned promissory notes and dealer buy backs due to borrower claims of defense against payment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Not applicable
Experience/Skills: One year experience in the collection field with knowledge of current regulations regarding collections or one year experience with this credit union in a problem-solving capacity which routinely requires independent decision making. Direct and varied member contact requiring strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office products.
Tenure: SC Enforcement Officer II, Category 11 requires one year as an SC Enforcement Officer I and in the opinion of management performance that meets or exceeds expectations for proficiency and efficiency in work related to the Enforcement Department. The incumbent must have also demonstrated the ability and accuracy to sign on department related documents as well as displayed an aptitude to appear on behalf of the credit union in judicial actions. At management’s discretion, directly related work experience and/or accelerated training completion may be substituted for tenure. SC Enforcement Officer III, Category 10 requires twelve months tenure in the SC Enforcement Officer II position with performance that meets or exceeds expectations for proficiency and efficiency in collection of past due financial obligations and problem solving capacity of adverse situations involving members and their account relationships. At management’s discretion, directly related work experience and/or accelerated training completion may be substituted for tenure.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Glendale, AZ
Job date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 07:52:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!