Job title: Retail Cashier
Company: Bed Bath & Beyond
Job description: Our mission at Bed Bath & Beyond is to make it easy for our customers, and our associates, to feel at home. We’ve made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
As a Cashier, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
As a Cashier you will work in a in a high paced environment and you must maintain a calm, professional demeanor while performing your duties in an accurate manner. The Cashier is expected to deliver exceptional customer service and meet sales and productivity goals.
- Engage customers in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner, promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
- Process customer transactions through the register and customer service desk
- Collect and process payment from customer and enter into register (includes applying coupons, providing change and receipts)
- Package customer purchases for removal from the store (includes wrapping and bagging)
- Ensure all items intended for purchase are identified and properly scanned.
- Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services (i.e. special sale items, credit card applications)
- Return misplaced product, customer returns and other product gathered in the front-end to the correct location in the store
- Execute price changes and sign changes as needed
- Perform additional duties as required, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval.
- High School or equivalent desired
- 0 – 1 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks and priorities when necessary, to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Location: Sparks, NV
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 07:39:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!