Job title: Research Associate, Chemistry Purification
Company: Circle Pharma
Job description: Circle Pharma is a pre-clinical stage, life sciences company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics, with an initial focus in oncology. Our discovery platform allows us to address challenging therapeutic targets such as intracellular protein-protein interactions.
Our structure-based drug discovery platform encompasses target affinity, cell permeability, medicinal chemistry and macrocycle synthesis, tightly integrated with biochemistry and cellular biology. We have recently closed a $66M Series C round of funding, with investments from premier life science investors, The Column Group and Nextech Invest, and we are looking to expand our team. We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website,
We are looking to add a Research Associate to our growing Chemistry team. Reporting to our Chemistry Production Manager, our Research Associate will be responsible for the purification of target molecules at Circle Pharma. Our ideal candidate will have experience in solid-phase peptide synthesis and peptide purification. Our ideal candidate will also have a proven track-record of productivity and project ownership, coupled with a solid understanding of organic synthetic concepts and analysis techniques.
What You’ll Do:
- Use mass-triggered autopurification and single injection HPLC systems to purify intermediates and target molecules from Circle Pharma’s peptide synthesis platform for use in biological assays
- Complete the synthesis of target molecules from purified intermediates
- Regularly analyze results, generate reports and communicate findings to the Chemistry Team
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of laboratory activities
- Operate and oversee maintenance of selected lab equipment without assistance
- Collaborate with other members of the Chemistry team to develop new synthetic methodologies
- Assist with inventory and compound management efforts
- Be an enthusiastic contributor to the efforts of our Chemistry Team
- B.S./B.A. in chemistry, biochemistry or related life science discipline
- Experience in an academic research laboratory in chemistry or closely related field
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry, solid-phase peptide chemistry, preferred
- Experience operating and analyzing data from HPLC and LCMS
- Experience following compound management/inventory protocols, preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Adept at following written protocols and verbal instructions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent note-taking skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to program in R and/or Python, a plus
- Strong interest and experience working in a team setting
- Strong interest in learning and improving process for compound synthesis
- Strong interest in understanding the usefulness and impact of your work in the overall drug discovery process
- Must be able and willing to work at lab bench/fume hood for majority of the workday
- Must be able to reach and manipulate laboratory equipment without assistance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off, in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Currently we have modified work arrangements, including both on-site and remote working. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. New employees who do not start on site in our laboratory facilities are provided with IT supplies to work remotely and will be on-boarded virtually whenever possible. We recognize that these are difficult times, and are we doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:29:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!