Job title: Quality Control Chemist-2nd Shift, Days Alternating
Company: Jost Chemical
Job description: Quality Control Chemist-2nd shift, Days Alternating with Willingness to Work at Least Alternating Weekends
We’re seeking ambitious, hard-working talent for the Jost Quality Control Team!
Are you looking for a career at a fast-paced environment, where your hard work and dedication will pay off? Are you a team player, who sets goals in order to get the job done and would like to use your skills to grow with a great company?
Then, this Quality Control Chemist position is right for you!
Quality Control Chemist-2nd shift
Position: Full time.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance after 60 days.
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution to your 401k.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Employees eligible after 90 days of continuous employment.
- 9 Company Paid Holidays (72 hours) each year.
- Uniforms Provided
- Foot Protection- annual allowance for all laboratory, maintenance and production employees.
- 24-hour access to our free, on-site fitness center.
- We provide Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Jost Chemical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the chemical manufacturing industry.
Quality Control Chemist
- Works under general direction of the Quality Control Lab Manager in a c-GMP regulated manufacturing environment operating under Q7A standards
- Employees in positions at this level of the series exercise a considerable degree of independence in conducting a wide range of experiments requiring expertise in the application and adaptation of numerous wet chemistry and instrumental laboratory techniques to produce desired results.
- Perform analytical testing using wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation on c-GMP regulated products following compendial methods (USP/NF, EP, FCC, JP etc.).
- Perform microbiological testing on c-GMP regulated products using compendial methods.
- Perform routine and non-routine testing using basic and advanced laboratory instrumentation and adhere to a strict calibration / preventative maintenance program.
- Interpret analytical data and assist chemical operators and chemical engineers with applying this data to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain data integrity in both written and digital form.
- Prepare laboratory test solutions and perform standardizations of volumetric solutions.
- May be required to develop and author analytical methods.
- May be required to interact with sales, customer service, and or customers to offer technical support.
- May be required to inventory and order laboratory supplies, instruments, and reagents.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain and enhance site safety
- Instruct other personnel in specific areas of quality control laboratory testing.
- May lead lower level laboratory personnel in maintenance and preparation of laboratory materials and equipment
- B.S. Chemistry or related technical field that included instrumentation, or industry experience.
- Entry level of quality chemist, professional level chemist experience.
- Hours are second shift, days alternating, must include willingness to work at least alternating weekends. 10 hour shifts available.
- Knowledge of:
- Theories, principles, and methods of instrumental and wet chemistry
- Method development and method validation
- Mathematics and statistics
- Basic analytical laboratory equipment
- MS Office software package
- Working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at once
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Responding to rapidly changing demands
- Ability to:
- Lead and/or train others in assigned activities
- Follow compendia and other test methods
- Identify, gather, process and record data accurately
- Maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Exercise independent judgment
Jost Chemical Co.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 22:30:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!