Job title: QA Manager – CDMS
Company: Veeva Systems
Job description: Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a . As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you – on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office – it’s up to you.
Veeva Systems is looking for a QA Manager who likes to contribute to the day-to-day delivery of a mission-critical SaaS offering. This is a hands-on position for delivering a quality SaaS product and customer success.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a CDMS QA Team, guide them to test, review test cases for new features and regression test cases, including UI and API suites, and deliver with quality and on time to deployment
- Manage and grow a team of QA engineers, enhancing their CDMS knowledge and drive a full stack testing in the team
- Provide technical guidance to the team for better quality and test coverage·
- Guide, and implement within the scrum team various processes and procedures that enhance productivity
- Work with scrum team and all other product stakeholders on ensuring features are released on time with quality to the Release Engineering team
- Collaborate with development managers on feature sprint planning and provide metrics on testing progress
- Be responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- Generate and provide quality metrics for your area/application
- Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable about computer applications/systems/tools commonly used for tracking QA aspects of a SaaS offering; eg: TestRail, Jira, Confluence and other Atlassian applications
- 3+ years of experience managing team size of 6-12 QA engineers and working with product cross-functional teams in a leadership role using agile/iterative development methods
- Ability to be a technical hands-on QA manager, well versed in Java applications and database testing
- Possess an excellent end-to-end understanding of QA processes, organization, and techniques to drive quality into the product
- Ability to anticipate organizational and technical issues, and the ability to provide detailed projections and post-mortems
- Ability to generate precise and concise functional testing metrics and measures of quality
- Ability to project, track, assess and report on adherence to these metrics
- 3+ years’ experience Qualified candidates should have completed a 4-year college degree. Preferred having educational backgrounds in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Science (CS), or Mathematics
Nice to Have
- Life sciences domain knowledge, especially the regulatory area
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Manage an applications development QA team
- Infrastructure knowledge especially in AWS
- Experience in a SaaS environment that has an agile development process is a huge plus
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Job date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 05:50:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!