Job title: Project Officer (MARS)
Job description: CARE is implementing a project titled “Improving Seasonal Rice Workers’ Conditions, Human Capital and Resilience – Sustainable Scale-up Initiative”. The project is implemented in three rice-growing districts of Punjab, Pakistan, to sustainably address child labor root causes in the rice value chain.
This project districts are Sheikhupura, Nankana Sahib and Narowal. The incumbent with report directly to the Entrepreneurship Development Specialist. S/he would be involved in implementation of the activities in the field i.e. project district.
Position will be based at CARE Country Office Islamabad.
II. Job Description:
Implementation: % of Time: 70%
- Assist and support in implementation of project components.
- Assist and support in developing requisite financial and progress reports to agreed parameters.
- Efficiently meet commitments and deadlines in achieving results.
- Plan, organize, modify work plans by identifying priorities.
- Design and facilitate workshops, training sessions and meetings
- Monitoring visit to project locations and coordinate with CARE and consortium partner teams to disseminate findings/suggestions for smooth implementation of the project interventions.
- Build synergies with other CARE Programs.
Coordination: % of time: 10%
- Coordinate with consortium partners and ensure effective implementation of CARE entrepreneurship development interventions.
- Build synergies among different stakeholders which includes CARE program team, Implementing partners, skill development entities, employers and other key players.
Monitoring and evaluation and promote visibility of project through relevant channels: % of time: 15%
- Assist in designing and implement of regular monitoring system in collaboration with MEAL Unit.
- Assist in generating reports that can guide future programs/Interventions.
- Collect case studies and insights from the field.
- Assist entrepreneurship development specialist to promote visibility of CARE Programs through relevant channels
- Ensure that project documentation is compliant with CARE and reports are prepared well in time.
- Continually identify specific training needs and support required for micro-entrepreneurs
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture
% of time: 05%
- Any other tasks or responsibilities based on organizational and programming need as assigned by Line Manager.
- Safety and Security is everyone’s responsibility within CI through full compliance and accountability (as per Principle –ii of the CARE International Safety & Security Principles).
III. Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in economics, finance, business administration, social sciences and/or related field.
- At least two years’ experience of working in similar position with the reputed National, or International organizations.
- Well aware of entrepreneurship ecosystem of Pakistan.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge in project implementation as demonstrated by successful work experience
- Demonstrated basic practical experience of coordinating entrepreneurship development services, preferably related to micro-entrepreneurs.
- Fair understanding of project implementation, reporting and monitoring.
- Understanding of key gender equality considerations, design, approaches and indicators for women’s economic empowerment and equality
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu; knowledge of any other local language will be preferred
- Excellent computer skills (MS office)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to self-manage, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactivity and ability to present the big picture
- Capacity to be dynamic, creative and innovative
- Excellent rapport building, interpersonal and team-building skills, and able to manage relationships with stakeholders
- Capacity to plan, organize and deliver results; and
- Commitment to CARE’s vision and mission.
IV. Contacts/Key Relationships
The incumbent is expected to collaborate with program team at the Country Office, Partners, and all CARE Staff.
V. Working Conditions and Level of Travel Required
The position is based in Islamabad, and entails travelling to different parts of Pakistan.
CARE International in Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach toward sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email, before the stated deadline.
Job date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:44:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!