Job title: Pittsburgh North Full Time Youth Soccer Coach
Company: Soccer Shots Pittsburgh
Job description: Soccer Shots Pittsburgh is looking for a full-time Youth Soccer Coach in the north territory of the Greater Pittsburgh area! This instructor will coach sessions in the Cranberry, Adams Township, Pine Township, Beaver, Hampton, Seven Fields, McCandless, Aliquippa, Allison Park areas (and nearby communities). Coaching may also be required within Pittsburgh city limits and in other areas of Pittsburgh.
Soccer Shots Pittsburgh is looking for a full-time Youth Soccer Coach in the Greater Pittsburgh area! We are looking for someone who can coach in the Pittsburgh west, city, and/or north regions if possible. Please take this into consideration, given your location.
The ideal instructor MUST meet the following criteria:
- Experience with YOUNG children: Must be able to easily engage and interact with 2-8 year olds, and have experience doing so.
- Dependable: Must be willing to commit to, at minimum, one year of coaching with Soccer Shots; we need an honest and true commitment. There should be no expectation (spoken or unspoken) that you will back out on your commitment to the children and their families. If something unexpected arises, you must finish out the current season before resigning.
- Responsible: Arrives at least 20 minutes early to each session; comes prepared with lesson plan memorized; can handle a group of 10 or more young children (ages 2-8); keeps accurate attendance; well organized.
- Professional: Neat in appearance; friendly and courteous with daycare / school staff and directors / principal and parents; self-assured and confident.
- Enthusiastic: Must enjoy interacting with young children (2–8 years old); able to connect with children and to communicate on their level. You must be very outgoing, animated, and able to be silly with the children. There is no room for shyness or reserved behavior; we need ENTHUSIASTIC instructors!
- Soccer: Soccer experience is preferred, however, if you are great with children and have some basic familiarity with the game, that should suffice.
- Reliable PERSONAL transportation and valid driver’s license: reliance on public transportation, ride sharing, or alternative forms of transportation (bicycle) has been shown to be highly unsustainable given the locations at which we work.
- PA State-Required Clearances: Candidate must be able to provide clear PA state clearances and clear FBI fingerprint clearance upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
- Soccer or other athletic / sports experience: Soccer experience is preferred but is not required. If you are great with children but have just basic familiarity with the game, that should suffice. Training will be thorough!
- Operate under supervision of Soccer Shots Pittsburgh Director of Coaching and Coaching Coordinator
Coaching – responsible for coaching 30-35 Soccer Shots sessions per week. Each session ranges in length from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Coaching – responsible for running demo classes at new and prospective locations.
- Staff development – support the Director of Coaching and Coaching Coordinator with evaluations / reviews and training of other members of the Soccer Shots Pittsburgh coaching staff.
- Staff development – assist with preparations for and during our seasonal coach training meetings.
- Curriculum review – responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the Soccer Shots curriculum and will train and evaluate coaches in its implementation.
- Community outreach / public relations – when needed, represent Soccer Shots Pittsburgh at community events such as open houses, back to school nights, etc.
- Marketing – partake in seasonal marketing efforts including distribution of marketing flyers and yard signs.
Instructors should also be willing to perform other duties as requested in order to to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values. Because 40 hours of coaching work per week is not guaranteed, extra time will be filled helping with the daily operations of our organization. If desired, sales may also be incorporated into this person’s role.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of early childhood education / physical education / recreation / athletics and development best practices preferred
- Technologically savvy – experience with Google Drive / Sheets / Docs
This is a full-time, exempt position. During seasons, expected working hours will vary and will include working on weekends and weekday evenings. Soccer Shots operates year-round and offers five seasons: spring, summer, fall, fall 2.0, and winter; each season lasts 9 to 12 weeks. We have private (daycare / elementary school / preschool) sessions in the mornings and in the mid/late afternoons Monday through Friday, and public programs (open to the general public) held Monday through Thursday evenings and on Saturday and Sunday mornings. **As such, a mix of daytime, weeknight, and weekend availability is required for this position.**
- Guaranteed 2 days off per week, which may fluctuate from season to season depending upon coaching schedule.
Physical / Work Environment Requirements
- Functions in a temperature controlled office environment a portion of the time.
- Position functions in an inside/outside sports environment a portion of the time throughout the year which may include temperatures of extreme heat or cold.
- Work requires ability to sit, stand and walk throughout an extended work day (8 – 10 hours); position requires use of fingers, hands and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers and phone conversations.
- Work requires ability to run, stop, stoop, bend (a physical, exercise type regimen) in a minimum of 40 minute increments per session. Position requires use of hands, arms, legs and feet and may include lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Moderate gymnasium like noises are associated with this position as well as excellent vision skills (with or without correction).
- This position requires extensive driving in and around the Greater Pittsburgh area. Will be required to drive to multiple sites during the week and on weekends to coach sessions and to fulfill other duties.
**IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: This is a slightly atypical working scenario in that you will have only occasional in-person contact with the rest of the Soccer Shots team. Many of our staff members work remotely; as such, we need a reliable person who can work alone and who is a self-motivated, self-regulated, driven, and goal-oriented individual. Much of our communication takes place via email, text messaging, phone calls, and online video conferencing. Given this, the candidate MUST be motivated, organized, communicative, and not afraid to be self-sufficient. This position is NOT suitable for those who require a significant amount of oversight or highly structured work environment.
Soccer Shots employees are committed to representing Soccer Shots in a fashion consistent with descriptions within the company’s Core Values. Compensation is based on performance, and Soccer Shots reserves the right to terminate employment for failure to meet expectations. We have expectations that can be reasonably met, assuming employees are investing their time into developing the business. While employees have the support of the Executive Director and Director of Coaching, their success is dependent upon their ability to perform with excellence and to manage the business professionally.
Program Performance Evaluation and Reviews
- Soccer Shots will perform an initial review after 90 days.
- An annual performance review will be conducted each December.
- Opportunity for growth within the company either as a coach or as a part of our Leadership Team, including pay rate increases, leadership training, and opportunities to be part of the Soccer Shots Pittsburgh Leadership Team as we continue to grow in Pittsburgh.
This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills, and perform other related work as required. This job description may be updated at any time. The Full Time Coach should also be willing to perform other duties as requested in order to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
Soccer Shots is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Expected salary: $25000 – 32000 per year
Location: Cranberry Township, PA
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 07:18:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!