Job title: PGIM Fixed Income | Manager, Operations Risk Management
Company: Prudential Financial
Job description: Job Description:
Job Classification: Corporate – Risk
Our Fixed Income Operational Risk Management team is seeking a Manager who will be responsible for core operational risk requirements, including performing risk assessments, analyzing issues and processing errors/risk events. In addition, the individual will be responsible for collaborating closely with other control functions to promote operational risk awareness and partner on key risks and initiatives.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of 9/30/2021, he firm has $964 billion of assets under management including $412 billion in institutional assets, $212 billion in retail assets, and $340 billion in proprietary assets. Over 900 clients have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
The Operational Risk Management team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of PGIM; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Responsibilities span all our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
- Assist management in completing risk assessments/control reviews for existing processes, and new products and initiatives, by ensuring key operational risks and controls are properly identified, assessed and documented
- Review and analyze errors/incidents and other risk events: perform root cause analysis, identify trends and
recommend corrective measures, including assisting with the implementation (as applicable).
- Assist with the execution of Operational Risk Management program requirements such as Governance Support, Key Risk Indicators, Emerging Risks, Risk Reporting, End User Computing Solutions, etc.
- Assist with the overall error reporting process, including error metrics/trending, process improvement opportunities and error reporting. In addition, work to ensure all issues and action plans are created timely and recorded within the issue management module along with the Documentum error database.
- Manages a team of junior risk and control professionals through training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Act as an Internal Audit liaison, including planning and coordination for internal audits, and assist in the monitoring and closure of audit related action plans.
- Coordinates Sarbanes-Oxley walkthroughs and identification/validation of key controls, including acting as the main liaison with internal business partners and our external auditors.
- Collaborate closely with other control functions and reinforce risk ownership and accountability
- Promote Prudential’s Operational Risk Management framework policies and procedures across the PGIM Fixed Income business
- Broad product knowledge in the fixed income industry including the trade lifecycle, product types and derivative instruments, and mandates.
- Audit and/or Operational Risk Management experience is preferred. CFA, FRM, MBA or similar certification/credentials a plus
- Ability to collaborate within a small team of risk professionals. Analytical mindset and ability to identify, assess and mitigate key risks and perform root cause analysis
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate and drive change within an organization while retaining independence and having the ability to multi-task numerous deliverables.
- Highly ethical individual with strong moral compass who can effectively challenge management while
partnering effectively with them to develop relationships.
- Results-oriented individual who can transform strategy into action with strong oral/written communication skills.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.
Location: Newark, NJ
Job date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 23:57:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!