Job title: Network Engineer – Cisco ACI
Job description: AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
Ahead is searching for a Network Engineer to be a part of our Technical Services team. Candidates are eager to learn, customer focused, an effective communicator, self-initiating and can perform most tasks without direct oversight. The Systems Engineer will report to and receive direction from the Engineering Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide enterprise-level operational support to Managed Services customers for incident and problem management activities, including: Fault isolation, troubleshooting, and resolution support for critical customer network issues; Work with the systems team to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate customer application issues; Network performance monitoring to ensure system availability and reliability; Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations; Monitoring of system resource utilization, trends, and capacity planning; Working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to network infrastructure
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert and as an escalation point on complex network issues for the Managed Services team
- Create and maintain networking standards for existing and future clients
- Assess new or existing customer environments for suitability for support requirements, including identification of design issues or operational issues that require resolutions.
- Work cross-functionally to foster knowledge sharing for AHEAD’s technical teams.
- Formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems related to infrastructure incidents and problems.
- Collaborate with client, vendor, and Implementation Engineers/Architects on assigned projects
- Manage and prioritize requests while maintaining transparent communication
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Assist the Engineering Manager in on-boarding of new customers
- Completion of a training plan and certifications as agreed upon by management
- Continuous education to include conferences, dedicated training, and lab work
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related field. Unique education, specialized experience, skills, knowledge, training, or certification may be substituted for education
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Minimum of one industry associate certification required: Cisco (CCNP), Palo Alto (PCNSE)
- Strong understanding of virtualization, network, security, and storage technologies.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise networking technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Fortinet, Dell, and Palo Alto networking technologies: routing/switching/security
- Managed Services or consulting experience is a plus
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general technical best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
Investment in training & development
Incentives for certifications
Ability to make an immediate impact
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 06:34:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!