Job title: Medical Assistant, Lurie Children’s Chicago Area Pediatric Clinic, Full time, $1500$ Sign on bonus
Company: Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Job description: Responsibilities
- Performs phlebotomy as directed by delegating provider.
- Administers, including but not limited to, intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections, intradermal skin testing, topical medications, ophthalmic drops and nasal spray.
- Works in conjunction with other staff to maximize clinic flow.
- Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations.
- Documents data and changes in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Provides assistance and or back up support for administrative tasks including but not limited to scheduling patient visits and performing basic “check-in, check out” activities.
- Obtains measurements, patient history and other intake activities.
- Stocks and maintains the clinic area including ordering of supplies as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
- Completes trainings and education including but not limited to HeartSaver CPR AED.
- High school diploma required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred but not required.
- Some college, preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association.
- Excellent communication/listening skills. Substantial interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with pediatric patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 01:25:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!