Job title: Manager Service Desk Job
Job description: Job Description
Grade Level: L3
Last date to apply: 28th November 2022
What is Manager Service Desk?
Manager Service Desk is a critical role in any IT Service Management (ITSM) operation. The role reports to Stream Head IT-Infrastructure. Manager SD has team of over 30 people in different region to support smooth business operations nationwide. Person is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of service-desk operations, people management, prioritization of service desk ticket, monitoring SLA and OLA, escalation handling, and Service Desk process optimization. There would be four people directly reporting to this role.
What Manager Service Desk does?
Overseeing the day-to-day activities of service-desk operations to ensure users and business teams receive timely support. The role is part general management, part service operations and part special projects. In addition to managing a potentially large staff of support teams (mostly remote), the manager service desk also monitors operations to make sure tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives. Some of the other responsibilities include:
- In depth understanding of Office365 subscription and Microsoft Licensing Program.
- Managing Microsoft Infrastructure i.e. Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP Services
- Email account management hosted on-prem amp; Office365 mailboxes, SharePoint amp; Instant Messaging
- Ensure timely Patch Management of servers and laptops as per Information Security Governance guideline
- Video Conferencing devices management and integration with Cisco Video conference Gateway Expressway.
- Knowledge of Cloud service hosting, Amazon and Azure will be preferred.
- Responsible for managing existing Domain registration and their timely renewal.
- Budget planning (CAPEX and OPEX) in line with organization business plan.
- Experience of handling Enterprise Mobility operations (work from anywhere, any device any time).
- Develop understanding of IT Helpdesk processes and tools.
- Meet relevant internal and external stakeholders e.g., suppliers, principles, BSS-IT, IP Network, IT ServiceDesk, Information Security operations and Governance teams.
- Develop understanding of PO/PR process, contract management, Service Levels and Operation level agreements
- End user data protection, data leakage protection, enterprise mobility, Advance Anti Malware Protection etc.
- Optimize IT Service Desk operations: Analyzing IT Service Desk ticketing trends, identify most common issues/requests, formulate plan(s) to reduce repetitive tickets by introducing automation or self-service.
- Follow up customer-satisfaction issues and user-feedback responses.
- Managing escalation point for any incidents, service requests or issues. During a typical shift, a service desk manager may spend as much as half of his or her time managing escalations.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Manager Service Desk?
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering), 5 10 Years of Relevant Experience
- Have sound knowledge of end user computing and networking.
- Preferably have good understanding of MS Office365, MS Licensing, and collaboration tools.
- Ability to manage large teams (virtual) disbursed across regions
- Good Presentation skills, able to present project status at CxO level.
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Problem Solver and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure, Conflict management
- Relevant Telco experience would be preferred
Why Join Jazz?
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our core values include qualities essential for a positive organizational culture – truthfully guiding entrepreneurial and innovative mindsets, harnessing professional and interpersonal collaboration, and fostering across-the-board customer-obsession.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 23:19:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!