Job title: Manager, IT Service Delivery – Store Support
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Job description: Job Description
The Manager, IT Service Delivery is a member of the IT Operations Management Team with overall accountability for delivering excellent support services for ~2,500 stores that form our CarQuest brand. This position will support both Corporate-owned as well as Independent Owner stores.
This position is responsible for championing and driving organizational and technological change with the goal of continuously improving Advance Auto Parts’ ability to serve our customers better than anyone else. As a result, the incumbent in this position will continuously challenge the status quo and drive for actionable insights to improve IT operations and support. In addition, this role is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with the appropriate Business Operations and IT Leadership Teams and their direct reports and serves as the main escalation point for issues which cannot be resolved by the members operating within their respective teams.
This position has direct and indirect management responsibility in a hybrid FTE/global delivery model. In addition, this position will have responsibility for developing and maintaining an effective labor strategy in partnership with the Service Provider(s). This position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong senior level relationships within both Advance Auto Parts and its external partners and ensures that it receives the maximum value for any contracted services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive Operations Transformation by
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement solutions that drive a culture of Continuous Improvement focusing on improving the end user experience through application stability, performance, usability, and functionality
- Collaborating with Engineering and QA teams on new service and functionality introduction into production
- Ensuring the appropriate Monitoring, Automation, and AI / ML Solutions are in place to rapidly identify and recover from any service impacting events
- Monitors and ensures the compliance of the Supplier against Service Level Agreements (SLA) across all 3rd Party Managed Service Providers. This includes participation in regular performance reviews, monitoring service level and service management issues, and developing new/ amended SLAs and metrics as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of service quality, closely liaising with Service Managers, Service Integration Manager, “ITIL Service Management” process owners and managers, Corporate IT, Architects and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with AAP strategy, policies and standards for the entire lifecycle of the services delivered.
- Partner with the Service provider to develop and maintain a deliberate labor strategy which ensures we have the right skills available, at the right time and at the right cost structure.
- Continuously improve MTTR from application issues to minimize impact to our Customers and Team Members. Ensure the appropriate IT Problem Management activities / records are in place and delivered to prevent recurrence.
- Define and continuously improve reports, SOPs, SLAs and KPI metrics for the area of responsibility.
- Oversee all functional activities and respond to escalated incidents, requests, and other needs. Be a single point of contact when needed, taking broad personal accountability for outcomes.
- Actively engage in vendor management initiatives with a primary focus on continuous improvement of vendor service delivery.
- Responsible for providing on-going maintenance and support for applications and devices in assigned portfolio to ensure stable, secure and performance of ongoing business operations
- Increase operational efficiencies to pro-actively reduce and mitigate production incidents
- Ensure data driven trend-analysis is part of our DNA and develop action plans for improving system stability and reducing costs.
- Coordinate across other operations and engineering teams, manage relationships with key stakeholders and initiate change initiatives that drive the teams and business forward.
- Participate and lead (as required) in an on-call rotation for Major Incident Owner for any Severity 1 events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or a related field; and 5-7 years relevant experience including leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years of direct leadership experience supporting retail/store system environments preferred
- Direct experience with developing and operating 3rd party managed service provider labor strategies preferred
- Experience in device monitoring implementation and enterprise monitoring processes
- Experience working in a global services delivery model and managing Managed Service Providers against SLAs and KPIs
- Experienced in leading and owning critical customer communications, including regular status reviews, to ensure effective delivery and customer satisfaction
- Experience with IT SOX / Audit
- Deep experience in leading large-scale device/application rollouts.
Location: Newark, DE
Job date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 01:59:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!