Job title: Long Term Disability Claims Support Specialist
Job description: Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora
Alternate Job Location: Not Applicable : Not Applicable
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and direction to associates.
- Identifies issues and works with associates to increase individual and organizational capabilities.
- Works in tandem with Unit Leader to resolve all claimant escalations.
- Performs EA and Claim reviews on decisional and financial elements as needed.
- Provides real-time coaching to ensure associates are making the right decision in a timely manner supported by proper documentation and with effective communication.
- Identifies performance issues and/or trends and provides Unit Leader with feedback on individual’s progress, performance and opportunities.
- Responsible for inventory control and/or load balancing. Assists Unit Leader with control reports. Acts as team and office resource for claim related and technical issues.
- Resource for implementation of new accounts from a technical and process perspective, as needed.
- Partners with Learning & Development and Documentation team on work instruction and office training as deemed appropriate.
- Embraces and promotes change initiatives within team and office-wide.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- 5+ years Disability claims and/or clinical experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s Degree/Associates degree Preferred
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 120580
Location: Aurora, IL
Job date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:38:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!