Job title: IT Desktop Solutions Architect
Job description: Description
SAIC has an immediate opening for a thin client, Enterprise Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (EVDI) Engineer with a background in VMWare, Citrix, or similar large-scale virtualized desktop environments. The successful candidate will leverage their background to oversee proposed future desktop architectures, and the optimization of cloud technology utilization. The successful candidate will conduct independent cost, schedule, and performance trade analysis against a dedicated Client/Server Service Provider’s implementation approaches. The successful applicant will participate within a team of Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) overseeing the design, delivery, enhancement, and recapitalization of a multi-site environment consisting of a variety of legacy and next-generation technologies/services. Candidates will leverage their background in creating and implementing solutions to assess proposed approaches for solving organizational needs.
On the Job Training will be provided in the customer’s specific knowledge domain, but the successful candidate must be able to:
- Successfully work proactively/independently as well as within a team dynamic
- Understand and Represent the customer’s current implementation and configuration
- Clearly document and communicate current and future client/server initiatives
- Evaluate system functions (e.g., data storage and processing) to ensure performance is in accordance with expectations, policies and best practices
- Review, assess, and recommend performance tuning metrics for areas of improvement
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal virtual/cloud solutions
- Educate various customers/groups on the approaches and implementations of new technologies and initiatives
- Proactively perform as a change agent focused on translating customer requirements into service provider tasking
- Perform technical assessments of a service provider’s proposed solutions to ensure they fulfill the customer’s requirements
- Track, document, and communicate observations associated with the service provider’s solution implementation from a cost, schedule, and performance oversight perspective
- Strategically assess the customer’s vision and needs to seek opportunities to influence and improve service delivery quality
- Assist the customer with evaluating service demand against available capacities in an effort to help prioritize expansion verses recapitalization investment
- Evaluate and recommend architecture and acquisition plans, service level terms, and perform business case analysis
- Support the integration of EVDI technologies with other IT domains, such as cloud computing, client/server implementations, Big Data analysis, Quality of Service management, IT resiliency, and Continuity of Operations
- Coordinate activities with IT portfolio managers, policy leads, resource managers, and program managers
- Ensure meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Capture, document, and present analysis process, findings, and project statuses to decision makers
- Bachelors in a STEM field of study and nine (9) years or more work experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more work experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more work experience; Work experience of more than eleven (11) years is sufficient without a degree
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
- Five (5) or more years of experience with VMWare, Citrix XenDesktop, or similar thin client technologies
- Troubleshooting Layers 1-4 within the OSI 7-Layer stack
- Understanding of client/server storage, virtualization, and bandwidth requirements
- Two (2) or more years of experience with Project Management
- Excellent writing, organization, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Must Possess and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to acquire and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) with Poly requirements
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one’s vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a respectful work culture based on that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 07:53:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!