Job title: Infrastructure Architect, Network
Company: Lear Corporation
Job description: Drive Your Career
Lear Corporation is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world’s major automotive manufacturers with our world-class automotive seating and automotive electrical products. Our products are developed and produced by a diverse, talented team of more than 165,000 people. With operations in 39 countries, Lear operates in every major automotive manufacturing region in the world. For our globally positioned and successful teams, we are looking for dedicated talents with zest for action and enthusiasm. If you love challenges, want to experience development opportunities unrestrained, and want recognition that pays off, then you’ve come to the right place with Lear.
INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT – NETWORK
The Infrastructure Architect – Network is responsible for the development and ongoing technical expertise and architectural solutions in WAN, LAN, & WLAN. This role holds significant responsibility for providing robust and scalable technology platforms to ensure the ongoing performance of Lear systems. This role will be focused on settings standard, design, and implementation of the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical network architecture. This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. The Network Architect will gain organizational commitment for all high-level network infrastructure plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for complete design, systems analysis, and security
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Drives short- & long-term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project management team, and other organizational teams.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
- Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Provide last level of support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.
- Design company LANs, WANs, WAN optimization and wireless networks, including, routers, hubs, switches.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives on the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers
- Proven track record of successful technical leadership/management
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, traffic flow, and data processing concepts.
- Current Certification in Cisco networking technologies (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco networking (routing, switching, wireless, ACI, ISE, etc.)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of BGP and OSPF.
- Experience of SD-WAN Technologies (Viptela is preferred)
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services.
- Knowledge of network topology and associated technologies
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and will become the property of Lear Corporation.
Location: Southfield, MI
Job date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 06:43:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!