Job title: Global Financial Crimes: Program Management Officer
Company: Morgan Stanley
Job description: Company Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm?s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career ? a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Financial Crimes (GFC) coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firm?s enterprise-wide financial crime prevention efforts. GFC includes several legal and compliance disciplines and has responsibility for governance, oversight and execution of the Firm?s Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic Sanctions, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Tax Evasion, and Government and Political Activities Compliance programs. GFC also develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity. GFC has dedicated coverage managers and teams of analysts who advise and counsel each business unit regarding its AML, economic sanctions and anti-corruption obligations and its particular clients and transactions.
This role reports to the GFC Head of Governance.
The Program Management Officer will be responsible for managing GFC Management Committee projects including:
- Preparing agendas and materials for the GFC Management Committee, including the Annual Planning Session
- Tracking progress on Annual Plan Key Initiatives and preparing presentations on updates for the GFC Governance Committee and Board Audit Committee
- Tracking progress on GFC Key Deliverables and preparing updates for the GFC Management Committee
- Coordinating meetings with global stakeholders to review GFC Management Committee projects, report on status, and escalate potential risks
- Interacting with senior leadership across GFC coverage areas, businesses and regions to drive in-house operations excellence
- Improving the GFC program by identifying process efficiency gains and presenting solutions to GFC Management
- Supporting GFC Management with tracking deliverables relating to acquisition integrations, including E*TRADE and Eaton Vance
- Assisting GFC Management Committee with other Governance-related projects as needed
Skills required (essential)
- Have a 4 year college degree with outstanding academic credentials
- 5 to 8 years professional experience in a Legal or Compliance role
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills geared towards a senior management audience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team-player attitude, necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Have the ability to facilitate meetings among stakeholders with diverse points of view both in-person and via conference calls
- Ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire information
- Ability to attend after hours conference calls and meetings with colleagues in Asia, on occasion
- Be certified as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist by ACAMS or equivalent AML certification/license ? or certification within 15 months of hire
- Skills desired
- Understanding of financial services industry
- Experience in Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic Sanctions, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Tax Evasion, and/or Government and Political Activities Compliance
- Juris Doctor degree
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 01:20:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!