Job title: Executive Director, Structured Solutions and Development
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The Structured Solutions Development team (SSD) is accountable for designing, negotiating, structuring and delivering non-vanilla / bespoke solutions to our client base using a range of products within SCB and from external partners, as appropriate.
- SSD is a core part of the product management team that is accountable for ensuring that the solutions developed are in compliant with the Bank’s policies and procedures, regulatory framework as well as ensuring that the products and process are in line with market needs and overall strategic product directions.
- This team engages/consults with clients on their bespoke or complex needs and provides solutions which are customised. This team builds client specific solutions which may be widely adopted in the future (whilst Sales is about delivering/marketing today’s product which are flow based in nature), working with clients whose needs are more complex and for whom there may be no readily available product on the shelf.
- Plan for successful execution of global SSD strategy for the region.
- Based on the experience help the global head define strategy for the function globally – which creates a uniform identity and experience for our clients and account for the regional nuances.
- As the key and senior member of the regional trade team, help in setting the course and strategy for the Trade business in the region.
- Develop plans to achieve the overall budget for the region by thought leadership and leading transactions which are top of the mind recall for a client. These should help drive and attract flow business for the region and the network.
Solutions Development & Delivery
- Based on the broad understanding of specialised deals and client situations, help the originating teams and client to identify opportunities or situations. Engage consultatively to create optionalities and solutions for clients and convert them into successful deals which help solve for client need.
- Deals of the following nature are typical of an SSD engagement:
- bespoke sell down/insurance/club deal/Syndications/ ECA arrangements
- structured e-commerce / market place solutions
- Bespoke or Complex RS, BBTL, syndicated/distributed VPP and pre-payment structures, EPC financing, long tenor deals
- Deals which recommend an SSD involvement as per a product program or deal review guidelines
- Complex trade solutions supporting sophisticated client structures such as required for the technology, telecom sectors, Trading Centres, and Shared Service Centres
- For varied complex situations, structure and implementation of bespoke trade-based financing spanning multiple product programs / drive co-creation opportunities that will meet client’s trade financing needs.
- Develop securitisation solutions as appropriate for clients.
- Solutions typically involve specific tailored third-party partnerships (both SCB and client arranged/appointed 3rd Party)
- Leveraging on the wide knowledge of the clients and industry contribute in new developments in the transaction banking industry and its applicability to clients e.g. use of blockchains, APIs for trade, various trade information networks, etc.
Financial Management – Product P/L Management
- Deliver budget, through active management of:
- Revenue (existing and new revenue streams) [FY 2021 $.. M]
- No of deals executed / No of unique clients for which deals executed
- Returns (i.e. product profitability) [ROE / RORWA] at a deal or client level.
Market Management & Commercialization
- Be a thought leader by building deep and comprehensive knowledge of client industry sectors, their drivers, commercial trade processes, how they compare with their peer group on debt, working capital ratios, best practises in treasury and liquidity management, etc for clients in the region/ or for the identified sector, globally.
- Identifies new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements
- Actively mitigates identified business pain points, by evaluating pragmatic solutions that have wide applicability and have potential for replication for the countries/markets
- Within the country, lead solution identification and brainstorming sessions with client facing teams (TB Sales, RMs, CF teams, Industry teams) to generate leads
- Engages in best practice sharing and education of clients on use of sophisticated solutions to meet their needs
- Leverage experience and industry knowledge to provide business solutions for complex deals or RFPs to drive sales and solutions
- Meets and engages clients to understand their needs or to provide solutions for their explicit or implicit needs using a consultative sales approach.
Processes & Implementation
- Working with and guiding the relevant implementation, RSM, IMO, CTMU, Loans and Agency, operations teams to ensure successful and smooth delivery of solutions
- Where relevant provide critical feedback to the relevant teams and conducting post implementation review analysis through client feedback and incorporates good practices in subsequent implementations
Leadership, People and Talent
- Demonstrate leadership in the team (even where there is no direct reporting lines) by providing expert guidance to the Director level transactors, in identifying opportunities/ solutions for clients, mitigating risks and articulating effectively to risk teams, ensuring process risk issues are identified and minimised.
- Using the broad expertise influence sales and product teams to deliver the priorities
- Provide advisory, constructive challenge and thought leadership perspectives on a range of opportunities and challenges in country and across the markets
- To be able to articulate to the client, risk and other relevant teams on how a proposed solution meets client needs, enable it to be more efficient, enable it to grow and scale its business, mitigate its risks and how it helps in a wider investor participation for a financing where required.
- Has comprehensive or wide knowledge of legal aspects linked to an instrument, debt, security in the relevant jurisdictions; local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to stay ahead of the regulatory change agenda and/or how it affects the solutions.
- Takes the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters by providing proactive advice to clients and sales teams
- Ensures adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
- Ensure appropriate TB inputs are incorporated in Deal Review / BCA / Term sheet / Pre-Screening review / Credit
- Actively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters for the region, in a timely manner .
- Demonstrate accountability for all product related risks for deals and solutions executed for clients in the region by ensuring the right governance standards are applied and provides guidance even when there is ambiguity
- Ensure timely, accurate and transparent renewal of facilities of clients.
- Identifies and mitigates operational, credit, regulatory, legal, fraud and risks in a transaction.
- Evaluates current processes or solutions via a business Conduct lens.
- Ensures the relevant approvals (including compliance with relevant deal review guidelines) for a transaction or client engagement are sought and can be produced for an audit review at any point in time
- Takes the lead to ensure compliance, AML and FCC risk and applies appropriate risk mitigation processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Displays exemplary conduct and lives by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Responsible to meet the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance issues.
Key Stakeholders GB country and regional heads, Trade/Cash Product Cluster Head, Global Head SSD, CCO/SCO Risk, Heads of Legal and CFCC
Core Credit and Risk Management Certification- within 1 year of joining the team.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Location: New York City, NY – Europe
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:45:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!