Job title: Director, Data Intelligence, Asset Lifecycle | Forensic and Litigation Consulting
Company: FTI Consulting
Job description: About The Role
FTI Consulting Construction Solutions is a leading global provider of commercial management, risk-based advisory, dispute resolution services and strategic communications counsel on complex projects across all construction and engineering industries. Our professionals are industry leaders and seasoned testifying experts, representing top talent across disciplines, including engineers, architects, accountants, quantity surveyors, planning and scheduling specialists, cost engineers, project managers, technologists and strategic communications professionals.
Our clients hire us to ensure that every aspect of their capital program or project is properly governed, well-executed and fully supported from beginning to end. FTI Consulting draws on its breadth of international construction experience and knowledge to deliver the best outcome for our clients, wherever their projects may be located.
What You’ll Do
A Director is responsible for providing consulting services to support our clients’ efforts to improve capital project delivery across the pillars of people, process, technology. These responsibilities include contributing to and leading the day-to-day advisory service and data analytics activities. These activities typically include the development of deliverables to support needs assessments, technology system selection, technology and systems requirements definition, technology and system implementation, as well as supporting capital project management, execution and support. This may also include leading small teams of consultants and managing client interactions, while delivering projects. Tasks may include:
- Analyzing client’s current state system architectures, support development of future state system landscape recommendations, and support implementation of architecture enhancements.
- Contributing to data management, analysis, and analytical activities, such as extract, transform and load (ETL), data modeling, statistical data assessments, multilinear regression analysis, key performance indicator analysis and other similar activities.
- Supporting development of executive level, portfolio level and project level reports and dashboards using business intelligence visualizations.
- Supporting system analysis and selection, including project management information systems, business intelligence systems, data warehouse systems, and statistical analysis systems.
- Providing assistance to large consulting engagements.
How You’ll Grow
Our practice provides the opportunity for a motivated professional to work in a leveraged, team-based model of diversely skilled, intelligent, and successful individuals. Team members regularly exceed expectations and are recognized accordingly through promotion, compensation, public recognition and positive feedback. You will have the opportunity to change business models and the chance to make a real impact.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- Previous full-time experience of 7+ years in business intelligence, data analytics, data science, technology consulting or a related profession
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science (or similar), Management Information Systems (or similar), Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate the insights from findings to relevant stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Possesses advanced Excel skills to aggregate, model, and manage large data sets
- Possesses intermediate to advanced Microsoft Power BI and or Tableau skills, including ability to transform data, develop calculations and measures, develop charts and tables, as well as develop interactive dashboards / reports
- Possesses intermediate skills with extract, transform and load data processing and automation
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Takes initiative to identify solutions before escalating to others
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude, as well as keen leadership and management skills
- Willingness to maintain a flexible travel schedule (up to 80% travel, depending on engagement)
- MBA or graduate degree in Data Analytics, Engineering, Construction Management, Computer Science (or similar), Management Information Systems (or similar), Finance, Accounting or Statistics.
- Experience and training with the following technology and solutions:
- Microsoft Azure
- Knime Analytics Platform
- Amazon Quicksight
- Amazon Redshift
- Familiarity with the energy, power and utility, engineering, construction, and infrastructure industries
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing workloads or priorities
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, work well under pressure and be resourceful
- Professional, confident demeanor, executive presence, and appearance
- Capable of defending positions with rational arguments
- Confidence and maturity to work with senior executives
- Fluent in Spanish
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit and connect with us on ( ), and .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident, H1B Visa
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 06:05:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!