Job title: Database Engineer
Job description: Company
Learnlight is an EdTech company that provides language, intercultural and soft skills training to leading companies and organizations around the world. We deliver blended virtual, blended face-to-face, and digital solutions to 100,000+ learners in 1500+ clients across 150+ countries. We specialize in the digital transformation of learning programs and the empowerment of talent to excel in an increasingly complex global environment.
We are looking for a passionate learning professional and visionary thinker with the clarity and drive to shape the future of learning. This role reports to our Chief Data Architect. Along with the expected competencies and skills listed below, those fit for this role will possess the Learnlight values of commitment, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization’s data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Other responsibilities as appropriate or assigned
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security
- Experience of non-relational databases
- Experience in BI Tools (Especially Power BI)
- Some knowledge of NoSQL systems, with MongoDb being a particular advantage
- Applicable licensing, certification, and registration preferred
- Some knowledge of data processing in AI
- Experience in Python, event models, message buses (especially RabbitMQ), Realtime systems, Statistical knowledge are desirable
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in database engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or similar
- ,C1 level of English required
- ,Other languages as relevant to position desired.
- People-Powered Culture: We have a flat, modern, meritocratic culture that values enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment above all else.
- Flexible Working: Learnlight is a fully distributed virtual business with staff in 30+ countries and offices in 9 European cities.
- Competitive Remuneration: We offer market-matching competitive salaries.
- Learning & Development: Personalized language and soft skills training; ongoing professional development talks and masterclasses; frequent coaching and constructive feedback.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Learnlight fosters an open, positive, and diverse community that welcomes talent regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Community Events: We offer a range of social events including Virtual Drinks, Book Club, Tea Time and in-person departmental and All Company meetups
- Location: Home-based
- Contract: Full-time
- Schedule: Between GMT+2 and GMT+4
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 02:34:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!