Job title: Cost Improvement Program Manager
Company: Tellis Executive Search
Job description: This position manages and directs the strategic Cost Improvement Program in our client’s growing organization. The CI Program Manager would be responsible for working with internal and external partners to build a program for cost improvement. “Leads all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)”. This CI Program manager provides interface, communications and coordination acting as a liaison between program staff, upper management, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, suppliers and customer service organizations.
In this position, you will create the program strategy, support or lead strategic supplier activity and lead the CI Program through to completion utilizing clear metrics, proven program management processes to achieve cost reduction for the organization. This position requires a high degree of drive, influence, interaction and communication with multiple internal organizations as well as internal/external stakeholders for success and therefore communication skills are critical. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of Sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Build a Cost Improvement Program from the ground up.
- Lead cross functional teams including IT, engineering, marketing & sales, supply chain, manufacturing, human resources and suppliers through the full project lifecycle from discovery, requirements, design, development, pilot, production, commercialization through financial tracking close-out.
- Manage all aspects of projects including resource planning, risk identification and mitigation, financial/budgetary planning & reporting, scope management
- Create, maintain and communicate project status document for inclusion in the Cost Improvement Program portfolio and project dashboard(s).
- Support or Lead the strategic sourcing process in identification of potential new sources of supply.
- Design and develop the scope of work for programs and projects to meet the overall goals defined by leadership.
- Investigates new cost savings ideas with appropriate stakeholders and drives decision making with appropriate business information from a cross-functional team.
- Work with area executives to assign team leaders and team members to projects with appropriate skill sets needed.
- Perform business analysis based on program data to ensure project milestones will provide value in meeting the overall objectives.
- Assures a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Understands and develops leading verses lagging indicators
- Develops and executes program corrective action strategies
- Develops and understands principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Solve problems and issues and track program progress.
- Lead and mentor project team members.
- Develop and utilize project KPI’s to drive results to meet program objectives.
- Travel may be required up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university, and 7 years of project management and strategic sourcing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree and related experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Job Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Good organizational skills and the ability to coordinate between disparate tasks.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Timely completion of scheduled work.
- Excellent and professional communication skills in all forms and formats (public speaking, team meetings, PowerPoint, memos, emails, charters, internal/external, etc.).
- Exceptional facilitation skills to bring a cross-functional team together to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Good problem-solving skills with knowledge of six-sigma or lean office tools.
- Strategic sourcing
Location: Duluth, MN
Job date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 22:53:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!