Job title: Cost Accounting Manager
Company: Nelson Staffing Solutions
Job description: Job Number: 2162602
Cost Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA
Our private software client is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic leader to join the controllership function. This visible role will report to the Controller and will be responsible for developing and managing the end-to-end cost accounting processes. You must have the ability to think at a deep level about automations, processes, and procedures and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves that will contribute to the company’s success.
Our ideal candidate has the highest moral standards and is experienced in handling highly confidential information. You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail oriented. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional business partners, engineers, and the broader finance team to drive scalable accounting operation solutions for day-to-day and month-end close activities. You have a strong business acumen with your accounting background and your excellent communication skills to provide sound advice to your business partners. You excel in problem-solving, leading automation projects, recommending solutions, and thinking strategically on a process level.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a fast paced and rapidly growing environment, and who is excited to advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth.
- Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by taking full ownership of the monthly financial results for cost of revenue and appreciated balance sheet accounts
- Partner with Operations to evaluate finance endeavors and continually improve operational efficiency to improve profitability and minimize waste
- Provide written explanations to management of monthly financial performance
- Provide financial guidance in the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts for cost of revenue and associated balance sheet accounts
- Develop robust accounting processes and controls for new products, and maintain and improve existing processes and controls for existing products. Ensure cost or revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP
- Establish and routinely review methodology to allocate cost of revenue to products in an activity based manner
- Ensure compliance with key control objectives in the cost accounting cycle
- Work closely with external auditors
- Supporting ad-hoc accounting projects and analysis as required
Ideally you’d have:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Accounting, CPA or CMA preferred
- 7+ years accounting experience in both public accounting and corporate environment; start-up experience is a PLUS
- 7+ years experience specifically in Cost Accounting with progressive responsibilities
- Must have a significant technical accounting background with strong knowledge and experience of U.S. GAAP
- Proven experience in providing and implementing accounting guidance on ASC705
- Ability to roll-up the sleeves to execute and prioritize tasks and problem solve in a fast and less-structured environment with minimum supervision
- Desire to work in a team environment and able to work across different business units
- Self-starter with an interest in learning
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strategic and critical thinking business judgment, and analytical ability
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience in implementing and maintaining best in class financial reporting controls
- Proven experience in partnering with Operations
- Proven experience in written up technical memos or accounting policies
- Experience with SQL, NetSuite or other major ERP
If you’re looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we’re excited to help you find the job you’ve been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 03:34:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!