Job title: Corporate and Employment Litigation Counsel
Company: TMX Finance
Job description: Requisition ID 2021-12492
Relocation Assistance Is Available!
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Corporate and Employment Litigation Counsel to join the team and collaborate with our stores and corporate departments to resolve legal issues and mitigate legal risks, allowing our business to continue to grow and be innovative. As a member of the Legal Department, you would manage all employment litigation and actively manage non-employment pre-suit and litigation matters, regulatory responses, and, as needed, perform various other legal tasks, such as legal research, contract review, and other employment-related issues. Reporting to the Vice President Senior Managing Counsel, the Corporate and Employment Litigation Counsel will work with a talented and sophisticated group of legal professionals to perform the job duties. Your success will come by strategically managing litigation and making business-first recommendations that help the organization strike the delicate balance between achievement of business goals and minimizing potential liability.
The health and well-being of our Team Members, their families, and our customers remain a top priority for us. That’s why we’ve taken a number of steps to help maintain a clean and safe environment where Team Members can thrive, and customers can feel safe. Currently, in our stores and Corporate offices, we’re practicing social distancing, encouraging face coverings (unless otherwise required by law), and considering state, local requirements, and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help ensure a clean and safe environment for all. As the situation evolves, changes may be made to our practices, in line with state and local mandates as well as CDC-guidelines.
Manage outside counsel regarding certain litigation and arbitration matters (both non-employment and employment, with a primary focus on wage/hour disputes and EEO concerns); coordinate, direct and drive sophisticated and complex case strategy. Draft/edit pleadings, discovery, perform legal research, interview, and prepare witnesses for depositions and trial, and negotiating settlements. (Estimated 40-50% employment litigation and 50-60% non-employment related work).
Define goals and develop complex litigation strategy and devise budgets for outside counsel based on the litigation strategy, and ensure outside counsel remains within budget.
Collaborate with Senior Leadership to develop and implement strategic next steps on legal issues.
Assist members of the Legal Department in administration of various litigation and corporate matters, presuit efforts, discovery projects, document review, and legal research on a variety of issues, including compliance and regulatory matters.
Provide Expertise and business guidance to Outside Counsel on how best to implement litigation strategy as outlined by the Company.
Manage outside counsel in relation to certain complex legal matters and associated spend.
As needed, Review of business/commercial contracts, particularly vendor contracts, not only for contract terms, but to ensure terms are aligned with business objectives.
As needed, from time to time, provide support to the Human Capital department on a range of complex employment matters arising from the Company’s workforce or former employees.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant litigation experience, with an emphasis on handling employment litigation
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar in U.S. (Georgia preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge in employment and litigation
- Ability to counsel business stakeholders and provide risk analysis and business and legal options for driving innovation
- Comfortable with aggressive and proactive legal strategies
- Impeccable communication, both written and verbal, with strong negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail with a factual and legal analytic capability
- Thorough and effective research skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and skill levels
- Comfortable with aggressive and proactive defense strategies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with legal research databases, such as Westlaw
- Ability to research in a thorough and effective manner
- Ability to work in a collegial, fast-paced, environment, prioritize deadlines, execute multiple legal tasks while considering business impacts
- Willing to learn and grow by being a self-starter and accepting constructive feedback from anyone who offers such feedback
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity, be a self-starter who can work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Desire to be part of a fun loving, hardworking, fast paced team of legal professionals who enjoy working with each other
- Some travel (domestic) may be required
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
- Experience reviewing contracts is a plus
Learn More About Us
The Corporate and Employment Litigation Counsel is part of the Legal and Compliance Team, which is united by a commitment to act at all times with honesty and integrity. This team provides a range of legal services to all our store brands and corporate departments, always protecting our strategic interests. To learn more, visit .
Check out what’s happening in our Company at .
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Location: Savannah, GA
Job date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:06:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!