Job title: Controller
Job description: The Controller will manage, develop and lead a team of accounting staff in accounting activities including revenue cycle, reporting, general accounting, financial analysis, accounts receivable, revenue forecasting and general ledger maintenance. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work alongside the accounting and finance departments.
As a Team Member, You Will:
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures to enhance performance and maintain integrity. Oversee the maintenance of accurate records of all company revenue transactions. Review monthly journal entries for revenue and expense to ensure proper cutoffs. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of monthly and year-end revenue close.
- Provide strategic accounting guidance in the evaluation and due diligence involved with acquisitions, divestitures, new services and other business development opportunities.
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives.
- Assist in client acceptance and conflict assessment policies and procedures.
- Serve as the tax liaison to outside tax advisor regarding all federal and state level tax reporting matters. Ensure business is compliant with various local, state and federal tax regulations.
- Prepare work papers and support for annual tax returns. Act as the liaison for internal and external tax issues.
- Assist with the preparation of special projects as needed. Perform other duties as required.
- Assist with payroll processing as needed.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10-12 years of experience in accounting, with 5 years of supervisory or management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, financial reporting and account analysis
- Familiarity building tax processes and polices for state/Nexus reporting
- Experience with close process management is a plus
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Big Four or other public accounting experience in conjunction with industry experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, OpenAir, and/or WorkDay is a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Products, including advanced Excel use
Characteristics for Success in This Role:
- Highly motivated team player with very deft interpersonal skills, with a keen interest in the development of people
- Ability to develop and lead a team, which can prioritize a high-volume workload efficiently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines, while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work in ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to craft and deliver verbal, written, and oral messages and make recommendations to a variety of audiences, including client leadership, internal teams, and external stakeholders
- Desire to get involved in the Riveron culture and internal initiatives, including community service, training, interviewing, intramurals and other social/networking activities
- Minimal travel (Less than 10%)
Riveron is a business advisory firm specializing in accounting, finance, technology, and operations. We partner with our clients to elevate performance and expand possibilities across the transaction and business lifecycle. Our thoughtfully integrated, multi-disciplinary teams bring deep functional expertise, first-hand industry knowledge, and experience-based creativity and perspective to generate tailored solutions to address any challenge. Riveron is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has offices across the country.
A vital element of life at Riveron are the experiences that make every day rewarding, including creative culture-building that you may not expect to find at an advisory firm. The Riveron team is made up of enthusiastic, energetic, intelligent people who support one another and appreciate clients and co-workers. Even in the face of challenges and difficult deadlines, we thrive and enjoy our work. The Riveron team members also enjoy competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Riveron Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 05:42:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!