Job title: Compliance Counsel II, Rhythm Management Job
Company: Boston Scientific
Job description: Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Managing Counsel for BSC’s Rhythm Management businesses, the Compliance Counsel role provides day to day legal/compliance support to Boston Scientific’s Rhythm Management business units based in Arden Hills, Minnesota.
As Compliance Counsel, you will serve as a subject matter expert and strategic partner to key functions in the business (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Clinical, and Medical Education) to ensure business interactions comply with laws and regulations governing medical device companies, especially involving interactions with healthcare providers (HCPs) and patients. You will coordinate with other Legal department personnel (including Privacy and Intellectual Property counsel) and the Global Compliance team to provide seamless support to the business.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide legal advice and counsel to company personnel in diverse matters by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal matters within company policies to ensure that company personnel are aware of and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act.
- Actively engage with business leaders in various functions to develop creative and compliant alternatives and solutions to meet the business’s objectives.
- Act as subject matter expert on all US HCP policies, procedures and internal controls, including HCP contracting and needs assessments, annual policy reviews and revisions, and engagement of US HCPs to provide services in and outside the US.
- Advise on business transactions, including preparation, review and negotiation of agreements with HCPs and institutions in a variety of areas such as consulting, grants, and research.
- Support new business development by conducting due diligence, advising senior leadership on compliance aspects of proposed M&A (or equity investment) transactions and supporting integration of acquired companies in compliance with company policies.
- Chair quarterly Compliance Committee meetings with senior leadership and provide updates on relevant legislative issues, laws, decisions, enforcement actions, and regulations affecting the medical device industry.
- Develop and provide training to Company employees on relevant legal/compliance topics.
- Provide legal support and guidance related to annual HCP spend reporting obligations.
- Collaborate with Global Compliance and provide legal support for monitoring, auditing and investigations related to HCP interactions, processes and internal controls, including reviewing findings and advising on corrective action to be implemented by the business.
- Develop content and implementation of various Company policies and procedures related to sales force interactions with health care providers and patients.
- Collaborate with other team members in support of Rhythm Management business.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- J.D. admitted to the bar in good standing (Minnesota Bar Admission preferred)
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with experience working within medical device, pharma or healthcare industry
- Experience counseling and advising medical device, healthcare providers and/or pharmaceutical company clients on federal and state laws related to heath care fraud and abuse issues (e.g., False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback statute)
- Pro-active, self-assured professional with the ability to provided candid advice and feedback to senior leaders
- High personal integrity and demonstrated strong commitment to compliance and ethics
- Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and strong leadership skills
- Superior communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated leadership and ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders and decision makers at various levels
- Superior organization, facilitation, collaboration and presentation skills with ability to synthesize information gathered from a wide range of sources to provide objectively sound risk assessments and guidance to decision-makers
- Self-reliant with willingness to “own” issues and creatively identify and implement solutions
- Experience in a compliance or ethics function in a corporate law firm, healthcare provider setting and/or relevant in-house experience at a device company
Requisition ID: 505273
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Location: Arden Hills, MN
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:33:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!