Job title: Commodity Specialist, Strategic Sourcing
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job description: Date Posted: 2021-10-07-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HCA21: Aerostructures – Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Commodity Specialist, Strategic Sourcing who will support the supply chain efforts for the development of global, strategic suppliers who will manufacture and supply components for large commercial aircraft. You will be an integral part of a team that is establishing long term supply contracts for our growing portfolio of nacelle and other structural component business on the world’s next generation of large commercial airliners. You will play a key role in interfacing with various Aerostructures teams such as Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Customers, multiple suppliers, and corporate procurement teams. In addition, you will be presenting the strategies that are developed for specific suppliers to senior level leadership.
**Position is currently working remote, with the expectation of transitioning to a hybrid work environment when circumstances permit.**
- Executes commodity / account management and strategic sourcing strategy.
- Implements supply chain strategies.
- Evaluates and selects vendors based on capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness.
- Negotiates or awards contracts within specified spending limits and develops new qualified sources of supply.
- Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and improve sourcing strategy.
- Analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
- Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
- Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
- Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed Raytheon Technologies (RTX) requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
- Responsible for the commodity for the Aerostructures Business Unit.
- Drives low-cost supplier sourcing, business cash improvements and supplier consolidation activities.
- Participate in qualification activities for the development of new materials to support new Aircraft Programs and value engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with ERP system
- Knowledge of financial acumen
- Experience with negotiating contracts and analyzing proposals
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior level leadership
- Able to travel up to 25% domestically or internationally when circumstances permit
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or ACE
- A deep understanding of strategic sourcing within manufacturing, industries can span from aerospace, biotech, automotive or retail.
- An entrepreneurial attitude, you gather new ideas, develop business cases, gather internal support and execute on the strategy proposed.
- Experience with the composites commodity, this can include the previous sourcing of raw materials, detail parts, assemblies, and other special processes.
- Strong data analysis skills, the ability to read drawings and very strong presentation skills.
- Experience in materials & processes, mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles — the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Job date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 04:18:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!