Job title: Cobol Developer
Company: M9 Solutions
Job description: M9 Solutions is seeking a Cobol Developer/Application Developer to work remotely on a government contract for a client located in Arlington, VA. An active Public Trust level clearance is required.
- Perform hands-on development of web applications using Java and COBOL.
- Assist in interpreting software requirements and design specifications to code and integrate and test software components.
- Perform maintenance and testing activities for newly implemented and existing applications.
- Analyze user requirements, document, and revise systems functionalities.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve application problems.
- Provide production support and maintain existing systems by researching and troubleshooting any problems.
- Use established tools and procedures for software source control.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and help resolve limitations.
- Analyze computer source code and live performance indicators to locate code problems and correct errors.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience developing software and/or web applications.
- Active Public Trust level clearance.
- 4+ years of Java experience.
- Experience working effectively in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Prior experience with COBOL.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills while functioning effectively under time constraints in a dynamic environment where quality results are imperative.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, respond well to shifting priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Work Authorization: US Citizenship, or Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least 3 years.
M9 Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/women/veterans/disability.
M9 Solutions, LLC (M9) is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. M9 is subject to Executive Order11246, which requires government contractors to take affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of their employment. Please click to complete M9’s Voluntary Self-Identification Form and then email it to . Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
With 12+ years of proven delivery and steady growth, M9 Solutions is a unique small business with credible past performance and key capabilities offering project management services, solution architects, business analysts, program managers, technical architects, and technical consultants.
M9 was recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2012. M9 Solutions believes that work should be fun, rewarding, and something everyone can be excited about. We offer a competitive compensation package and value diversity in driving the vision of the company.
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 05:01:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!