Job title: Chief People Officer
Company: e-TeleQuote Insurance
Job description: Description:
The Chief People Officer (CPO) is responsible to create a work culture that embodies the Company’s mission and core values and fosters employee satisfaction to maximize employee retention. The CPO will lead the Company in innovative ways to motivate and empower employees to work with purpose and direction. The CPO is also responsible for the management of the Company’s Human Resource Department. The CPO develops, implements, and aligns HR programs with business objectives, serving as a strategic partner of the senior management team while supporting employees in their day to day HR needs.
The CPO will be responsible to create and implement innovative solutions for employee retention; create a work culture that fosters employee motivation and productivity; design and maintain HR policies and procedures; contribute to business strategy; develop workforce plans and programs that align with the Company’s mission, culture and overall strategic objectives; forecast talent needs and address talent gaps; orchestrate learning skills and career development of the workforce; employee orientation/onboarding and off-boarding policies; training; management development; performance management; employee relations; workers compensation administration; wage and salary administration; benefits administration; organization development; and employee assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the Company with innovative methods to foster employee engagement with the Company’s mission and core values.
· Devise and oversee initiatives and programs that create a work culture that values each person’s contributions and ensures that employees remain motivated and productive.
· Develop and implement programs that empower employees by imparting a sense of purpose and direction embraced by all employees that reflects the Company’s mission and core values.
· Build team culture to maximize employee retention and reduce attrition; identify and implement solutions that address employee concerns and feedback.
· Design and implement a performance management system that provides valuable feedback and enables each employee to have a personal development plan that includes committed goals and opportunities for growth and development for a rewarding career path.
· Partner with senior management to implement and support the Company’s key
policies, practices and programs.
· Supervise the HR staff and lead the HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
· Implement HR policies and programs including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and management training.
· Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
· Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
· Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues, in collaboration with the Legal Department, by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching to with the ultimate goal of turning employee behavior around.
· Identify and implement training programs and collaborate with the Training Department and Compliance Department to ensure training needs are met as well as proper recordkeeping.
· Develop and implement effective hiring and employee retention programs and manage attrition to appropriate levels.
· Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
· Collaborate with the Legal and Compliance Department to manage compliance efforts with all the employment laws and regulations that govern all aspects of the employee life cycle.
· Investigate claims of misconduct in collaboration with the Legal Department, as required.
· Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
· Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to insure regulatory compliance. Identify trends that could impact the Company’s objectives.
· Maintain an effective level of business literacy including Company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
· Other duties as assigned. . Requirements:
Requirements for the position:
To fulfill this strategic role, the CPO must possess a broad range of business knowledge and leadership skills, including:
- Ability to lead and motivate others authentically and empathetically
- Passionate contributor that embodies and exemplifies the core values of the Company
- Able to assist employees at all levels to identify goals and opportunities for growth and development to lead to a rewarding career path.
- Vigilance in scanning the external environment to anticipate business and talent threats and opportunities.
- Strategic thinking skills to work with the executive leadership team to set direction.
- Cross-functional business understanding with a P&L orientation.
- The courage, creativity and decisiveness to innovate, collaborate, lead, prioritize and succeed.
- The conceptual skills to shape the organization to meet tomorrow’s demographic challenges.
- Financial acumen to broadly balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs of investments in every aspect of the business, including talent.
- Technological savvy to drive efficiencies and to engage the workforce through innovations in technology solutions.
- A risk management perspective with regard to talent.
- The ability to convey the importance of talent at all levels as a fiduciary issue to the board and the leadership team.
- Legal literacy to help ensure a culture of compliance and integrity at every level of the organization and across borders.
- Operational ability to ensure that the transactional aspects of HR are well executed in a world of fast-moving and changing expectations of the employee population.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience at senior management level with at least 3-5 years in executive/senior management level.
- The candidate should have attained a Bachelors/Masters (HR/SPHR) or business related degree from a reputable college or university.
- Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate and build collaborative relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal; and time management skills.
Location: Clearwater, FL
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:27:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!