Job title: Carpentry Yard Technician-Denver, CO
Company: Satellite Shelters
Job description: Satellite Shelters Is Hiring!
We are looking for experienced Construction / General Contract workers to help maintain our mobile office fleet in our Commerce City, CO. yard. This includes monitoring units, and making repairs and modifications to the units as needed.
Our Yard Technicians are able to work independently, to problem solve, and to use and gain experience within the mobile industry and construction field. This position provides individuals with regular work hours Monday through Friday, most weekends off, additional pay incentives, and growth.
We offer a complete benefits package which starts on day one, flexible vacation time, 401k and profit sharing, paid holidays, accruing paid time off, and the ability to grow within a culture focused on professional development.
Yard Technician: This position is responsible for the cleaning, refurbishing and repair of units in the yard in compliance with Satellite Shelters policies and procedures and according to specifications aligned by Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare units for rental in a timely manner according to Satellite quality standards
- Make needed repairs and modifications to units as required
- Perform general maintenance on modular units
- Takes necessary photographs of unit as required
- Clean all units
- Replace and install floor tile
- Wash and wax flooring
- Replace and install windows and doors
- Replace and install exterior siding and other building components
- Paint all portions of units to specifications
- Remove and replace walls
- Remove and replace lighting, plumbing and electrical
- Perform light carpentry work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties in a safe manner following all safety protocols and procedures
- Stay current with all required safety training modules
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- General contracting knowledge in carpentry, electrical, and/or plumbing desired
- Ability to pass required background checks and drug screen
- Average computer knowledge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4+ years of maintenance/construction supervision experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with both customers, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Excellent problem solving and detail oriented skills.
- Basic mechanical skills to work on vehicles
- Average ability to read and write to maintain records and inventory
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of usage of tools associated with position
- Wears personnel protective equipment as required
- Physical and mental ability to operate company vehicles and associated equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous outdoor and indoor duties including walking, standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Good fine motor skills, coordination, range of motion and grip strength
- Ability to work in all climate conditions.
- Ability to be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work in an environment containing dirt, grease, and dust.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to hold air impact tools up to 30lb.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Commerce City, CO
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 07:52:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!