Job title: Carpenter
Company: George Fox University
Job description: Perform construction, maintenance and repair duties on campus buildings and roofs
- Plan, perform and manage construction and repair projects specifically related to roofing
- Perform journeyman level carpentry tasks
- Estimate the costs of, manage and/or perform work associated with repair or remodel construction projects
- Create an anticipated project schedule (critical path). Advise subcontractors and in-house trades of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule
- Work at height from aerial lifts, scaffolding and rope belay systems
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Perform work requests and building maintenance tasks as requested
- Utilize work-study students to assist in projects and maintenance
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have journeyman level knowledge of general carpentry, blueprint reading, commercial roofing, and general maintenance
- Must have a working knowledge of the building codes and applicable government regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to operate carpenter shop tools and equipment
- Able to work safely with chemicals involved in moss control
- Must have minimum 5 years construction experience
- Must be comfortable working at heights and have up-to-date knowledge of OSHA-approved safety and fall protection gear
- Computer skills including Office Suite
- Working knowledge of other trades.
- Willingness to keep informed of new materials and methods for maintenance of college/university buildings and structures.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution’s goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
- Valid Oregon drivers’ license required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, and understand and follow instructions, including by telephone and email
For Your Personal Well-Being We Offer:
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population
- Free Fitness Center membership
- Free parking
- Rich employee benefits
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon’s Nationally Recognized Christian University!
George Fox has been transforming student lives for over 125 years.
Each day we look to broaden our future for generations to come.
We have alumni from 52 countries and all 50 states.
We invite you to become a steward of our dreams using your God-given gifts.
Our Purpose: To educate and inspire students to pursue God’s calling.
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
George Fox University – Staff and Administrator
Location: Newberg, OR
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 07:28:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!